Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I was just thinking the other day how I wanted to price a grooming tables. Good price - also comes in pink and blue. I'd love to know if anybody has any reviews.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
It doesn't give a weight allowance or size of dog, would it be safe for a 94lb dog? No reviews either. Did you try looking it up on Amazon? Sometimes they have the same items with reviews.

I love the purple and the pink.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're right, no weight specificaiton. And the more I think about it 3' x 2' isn't very roomy for a big dawg. Very easy to take a step off.

My very aching back is directing me towards this one:

Edemco Hypro Hydraulic Grooming Table | PetEdge.com

It costs a lot more but is actually a medium priced one. And I won't be getting any younger any time soon. ;)

This one is the same size, guess that's standard.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mister Muddypaws may not be thanking me! ;) Penny's Dad is thinking about making one. :bowl: With a ramp. I don't know...not very portable but it would keep him busy in the basement and out of my hair for a while. :smooch: That's a plus. ;)

I kind of like this one, has the arm, hydrolic lift, turns and the drawer would be handy. No reviews though.

Master Equipment Hydraulic Grooming Table | PetEdge.com

I think I may put this on the Christmas list. Thanks Penny's Mom for the idea!! :)

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I think there are a lot of overpriced grooming tables out there, particularly online. $250 for a table, stool and storage cart sounds reasonable to me. A table is a table. A s long as it's non-slip surface I think it would be fine. It looks good in the photos but beware of petedge, they kill you on the shipping costs for large items.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They say shipping is 5.99 on orders over 150. Fighting for market share, I think.

I think Penny's Dad has made up his mind to build one. We have lots of 2x4s in the basement from the bathroom walls he never put in down there.:eek:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Mister Muddypaws may not be thanking me! ;) Penny's Dad is thinking about making one. :bowl: With a ramp. I don't know...not very portable but it would keep him busy in the basement and out of my hair for a while. :smooch: That's a plus. ;)
Mister Muddypaws can't build a bird house so he definitely won't be building one (not that I would let the dogs on anyway) ;) I was thinking of asking MIL for it, she is always telling me to watch my back and to take it easy with the bending. Of course she also tells me "and not for the dogs either"!! Gee ya think there is a pattern?? :confused: Nah :no: :D:D

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have a very nice MIL! Penny's Dad got a lot of power saws for Christmas a few years ago and is quite handy but lacks confidence so I'm going to help him design it and build it.

He wants to get started on building his train table but is afraid to start. So maybe this project will help get THAT ball rolling. It's all part of his Aspberger's...this fear of making mistakes. But I am fearless and he is handy. We could build mountains!!!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Good for you. The last prject DH worked on using a saw he somehow cut he power cord :confused: and he was also using a nail gun!!! :eek: Power tools and my hubby :no::no: not good, not good........... ;)

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
you have a very nice mil! Penny's dad got a lot of power saws for christmas a few years ago and is quite handy but lacks confidence so i'm going to help him design it and build it.

He wants to get started on building his train table but is afraid to start. So maybe this project will help get that ball rolling. It's all part of his aspberger's...this fear of making mistakes. But i am fearless and he is handy. We could build mountains!!!
i love that, your fearless,and he is handy!!!!!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Ive had tables with a cross bars on the legs up so high.... they wobbled like crazy...
Find out what the clamp of the grooming arm is made of...some are plastic...and they are junk.....

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
I have stairs leading up to my grooming table - way less expensive than an hydraulic table :)

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE!!!

Penny's grooming table is almost done! And without having to buy any additional materials. We found a square of plywood...3/4 inch...just the right size. We measured and put a skirt frame on the underside and he got the legs cut. Then he had to call it a night and go with me to feed the barn critters...it was dark and I'm askeered of the dark. :eek:

We still have to order an arm and will get the non-skid matting.

Even got a chance to use up some of his thousands of extra screws. Don't get me started on THAT collection!

Probably won't get to work on it today because of Penny's vet appointment but by the end of the weekend for sure. AND I have purple paint. Did I mention that purple is Penny's favorite color? ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts