Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why you go out and lay on the deck of course. It was 17 degrees out with a windchill much lower this morning when Bailey wanted to go outside to do this. The cold doesn't seem to bother her a bit. I wish that I could be this tolerant. Don't worry I let her in as soon as she's ready. I don't make her stay out in the cold.

Attachments

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,588 Posts
For a dry healthy retriever, 17 really isn't that cold.

She'll ask to come inside when she's ready.

·
Went Rogue...
599 Posts
Shoot, that's nothin'! We just had a morning of -21F three weeks ago and all four of mine just went out and laid down in the snow.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
Why you go out and lay on the deck of course. It was 17 degrees out with a windchill much lower this morning when Bailey wanted to go outside to do this. The cold doesn't seem to bother her a bit. I wish that I could be this tolerant. Don't worry I let her in as soon as she's ready. I don't make her stay out in the cold.

A couple of weeks ago, it was -35 (colder with the windchill) here in Saskatchewan.......this is what our dogs did during that time. It's hard to get them out of the snow and they don't seem to mind the cold. However, we don't leave them outside for long periods of time when it is that cold.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Tucker loves, loves, loves the cold! Have to say we don't see as many people out walking their dogs when its in the teens/single digits so he doesn't see as many of his friends. But when he does he acts like a puppy for being 12 1/2 :)

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
The great thing about the parks and trails in the cold is that people tend to stay inside. Mine seem to love the cold and have never complained. I just now put them outside because they were practicing world wrestling in the living room. I'll hear a bark soon, but just because they know I'm in here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts