Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, if you're like me and Toby, you go for a hike, of course! After the pathetic, sub-tropical excuse for a winter we've had here so far this year, it's finally coming down hard and Toby and I, polar bears that we are, couldn't be happier. We decided to check out our back 40, and Toby had a fabulous time making snow angels and running, running, running.
(Please pardon the poor picture quality, but the wind is driving the snow almost horizontally and the lens got mucked up pretty quickly.)
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Great pictures of Toby in the snow. He certainly looks pretty happy to have some white stuff to run in finally.

Our winter has been pathetic too so far. :( This morning we finally got a few inches of snow, and Cookie ran around like crazy. Come on snow!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Oh yes, someone is very, very happy with that nice wooley coat on! I'm glad you are getting the white stuff....we don't get it here (but can drive to it) but are in desperate need of rain...

Reactions: tobysmommy

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keeping fingers, toes and paws crossed that you all get some snow, too...well, those of you who want some! :) And I hope you get some rain, Kimberly.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hehehe, ok Al, I'll try to keep the snow up here. :p:

To answer your question: put a log on the fire and the kettle on for tea!!
LOL! Good answer! We did that too - after the hike. I made a riproaring log fire, and sipped tea while Toby fell asleep in front of the fire. :)

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
Beautiful snow baby

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Beautiful pictures and an awesome dog for sure. To answer your question, we don't have blizzards, we do better in 70 degrees with tee-shirts on! Big wimp here.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,628 Posts
Beautiful pictures and an awesome dog for sure. To answer your question, we don't have blizzards, we do better in 70 degrees with tee-shirts on! Big wimp here.
Don't feel bad, I'm a Huge wimp here on the NC Coast. I lived n the Midwest for many years, had my fill of the snow up to my knees and the minus degree windchills, but I do enjoy looking at beautiful goldens have a blast in a snowfall.

Great pictures, your boy is beautiful and obviously having a blast!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Great photos!! Toby looks like he is in heaven with all white fluffy stuff. We are still waiting on snow. You can still see the grass!!!! In Northern Minnesota..so not right.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Tobysmommy

Tobysmommy

Sounds like you and Toby are having a wonderful time!!
Beautiful boy!!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...and the blizzard's aftermath:

It's clouded over and begun to snow again now, but this morning was beautiful. Crisp blue sky and pillows of fresh snow on all the trees. In some places the drifts were thigh-high on me (and I'm 5'7"), but Toby didn't seem to mind at all. He bunny-hopped through the drifts or burrowed right in. Silly pup. :p:
Please pardon me for adding more pictures, but I seem to be addicted to pointing the lens at my little buddy. He's just so happy and beautiful in the snow. :)

Attachments

·
Valerie
789 Posts
Those pictures are great. I can totally see just by his face how much fun he was having in all that snow! I'm sure you had a blast watching him too- they tend to do some crazy stuff in the snow sometimes :bowl:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts