Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought my pup got car sick for once because she threw up 10 minutes after a ride..... now I"m worried becuase she threw up 3 times in an hour. Could see food undigested (she ate 3 hours prior), then foamy/bubbly liquid. General light beige color...

Called the vet and tech said if she vomits 1-2 more times bring her in, otherwise let her tummy rest without any food.

Now I"m curious what causes vomiting instead of diarrhea/poop issues? Is it something that happens before it gets into the stomach? I'm so used to poop problems, not used to vomitting. Plus she looks so sad!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Roxy gets car sick pretty much every time she is in the car, sometimes after if it has been a short trip.
Re; the undigested food after 3 hrs later a dogs digestion is very slow I don't feed Roxy for at least 4-5 hours before a trip in the car and she will still throw up undigested food
:yuck:
Roxy also will gnaw on sticks and swallow the bark, then about 2am she will start retching and blah up comes the bark.

Good luck, I hope the problem resolves itself, if not I hope it is a minor issue.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I always thought they digest food faster than humans. She's never been car sick before. Waiting for a poop now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts