Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

What brush do you use?

8K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  GoldenRetieverL0ver08 
I just buy the $14 slicker from Petco (Four Paws). Works just fine. ;)

Metal greyhound comb (fine to coarse) is another must need.
I'm with Kate. Just buy a cheap brush. I think I paid $3 for my favorite slicker brush.

I'm gonna be a brat and say if your dog has a correct coat, he will NOT be prone to matting unless he has gone months (includes periods of big sheds) without being brushed, bathed, anything. You are then talking about not just matts, but also hot spots.

I never randomly brush my dogs unless they pick up burrs outside.
Same. Only if they've rolled in the dirt and the night before a trial weekend. Correct coats don't mat. I do check my girl for mats. Spaying ruins that perfect coat.

Don't flame me for paying $75 for a brush, but I love this brush. It seems to grip the hair better than any other one I've used, and even works well on my short haired lab mix slicker brush
I will be figuring out if they are worth it soon. I was gifted one today. 🙂

Chris Christensen brush review. Bristles are much longer than an ordinary slicker brush. Which makes it a little harder to clean. I didn't feel like it was getting as deep, although it probably was. It did pull out a lot of hair. Is it better? Yes. Do I think it's worth the extra $50-60? No.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.