Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
clueless puppy owner
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar? Their friendliness is very much like a golden but I don't know what breed this is or what kind of mix. Any help?

PS: I know he/she doesn't look very happy. He's part of a pack at a factory yard and the rest of the pack seems to be ganging up on his/her.

Attachments

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
GSD mix? Maybe sheltie/border collie in there somewhere? My guess is that she (or he) is the product of several generations of mixed heritage.
E

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
She looks like she might have some Australian Shepherd in her. Is there some way you can get her away from there?

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
She/he is beautiful. Are you looking to rescue the pup? I think a shepherd mix with maybe alittle golden. Something in the face.

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
The dog is brindle, a color not found in Goldens, Aussies, or GSDs. I'd guess is a genuine mixed up mutt- pit, collie, Lab, you name it, it's probably in there. I wouldn't think that dog would be difficult to rehome. Can you get him out of the situation?

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
She/he sure looks sweet! I hope you can help get them into a better place. I have no idea what breed it is, I'd go with ACC and say it's a mutt.

OT: ACC, I love your new siggy!

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Since you are in Turkey, I'm wondering if some kind of Akbash mix, and Anatolian Shepherds come in brindle, I believe. I am inclined to think several generations of mix there.

She is a beautiful dog and I can only see her blooming even more if someone were to take care of her.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
That looks very similar to my best childhood friend's dog, Max, who she rescued a few years ago. She has no idea what breeds are in him, but he's definitely brindle, a true mutt.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Brindling can happen in a lot of different breeds. She look like she could possibly have some Dutch Shepherd?

I can see Aussie being a possibility as well. Shes cute!

·
clueless puppy owner
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the answers guys. I am not able to rescue her at this time. It's complicated. Maybe a bit later. For now, I am trying to make sure she's taken better care of along with her sister/brother.

By the way.. They're supposed to have arrived from Italy on a ship. Probably no Akbash in them, but it's possible of course. They were proper furballs when they were a few months old.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone familiar? Their friendliness is very much like a golden but I don't know what breed this is or what kind of mix. Any help?

PS: I know he/she doesn't look very happy. He's part of a pack at a factory yard and the rest of the pack seems to be ganging up on his/her.

Looks like flat coated retriever mix to me

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
This thread is 11 years old....

Reactions: SeaGlass925
1 - 18 of 18 Posts