Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

What are these?

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  A1Malinois 
#1 ·
I noticed these one the one side of Links belly. Hes had them a few days. They dont appear to itch and some are raised a bit and some are flat and some have a yellow head on them.

I just put him on Purina Pro Plan sensitive skin and stomach for his gut and hes done SO WELL on this food I hope this isnt a food allergy..

Should I change his food? Should I give it a few more weeks? I would really hate to touch his food hes doing awesome on it, its the only thing so far that doesnt give him liquid poos. They are also only in that spot that ive noticed

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like a mild skin infection, the yellow sounds like puss. My best guess of course. does not sound like a food allergy to me. A friend's young pup got an infection (bumps on his belly, some with puss) and the vet pup him on antibiotics. Told them it was VERY common. I would watch it, make sure it doesn't get worse but if it does bring him to the vet.

#3 ·
It might be a staph infection. You could use Microtek shampoo on him to help clear it up but it might need antibiotics. You can find microtek shampoo at places like Tractor supply store.

#4 ·
I wouldn't change his food since he has been doing so great. I agree try a bath with microtek or something with an antibacterial. Hope it clears up soon!

#11 ·
Sawyer had something really similar on his belly, although not as many spots, but some were full of puss. I just kept a really close eye on it for a few days and made sure he didn't lick it and it seemed to dry up go away on its own. I had every intention of taking him to the vet if it didn't clear up in a few days but for once we've lucked out on a vet trip (we've been there a lot this year, sadly). Sorry I can't help as to what it is but thought I'd share some positivity that it's probably nothing serious :)

#12 ·
Well, hes had them for about a week. They havent gotton worse.

I have issues with taking him to the vet for antibiotics for 5 red dots. I dont like putting him on antibiotics. If it doesnt clear on its own I will mention it to the vet when I go on December 5th for his eye recheck.

#13 ·
Costco has a new dog food. Natures Domain Salmon $30
No grains, grains have Pesticide, poison, other things.

Ingredients
Salmon meal, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, canola oil, potato protein, potato fiber, natural flavor, flaxseed, ocean fish meal, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

CALORIE CONTENT
3,590 kcals/kg (336 kcals/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein 24.0% minimum
Crude Fat 14.0% minimum
Crude Fiber 3.0% maximum
Moisture 10.0% maximum
Zinc 150 mg/kg
minimum
Selenium 0.4 mg/kg
minimum
Vitamin E 150 IU/kg minimum
Omega-6 Fatty Acids* 2.4% minimum
Omega-3 Fatty Acids* 0.3% minimum

Nature's Domain Dog Food | Review and Rating

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.