Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still going through a battle of yeasty (dirty) ears. Vet last told me to totally switch the food (Fromm grain free) and see.

I tried Honest Kitchen and Grandma Lucy which I like, however it is not always convenient to feed (out and about or at work) and also pricey. So I'd like to try a new kibble as well, one that is manufactured, made and sourced ingredients from the US. Any suggestions? :wavey:

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Good luck with that because many companies will tell you they are all made in the US with US ingredients, but their vitamin packs (particularly Vitamin C and taurine) may actually be sourced from China or India, sold to US distributors (the middle guys) and then sold as US products to manufacturers who perpetuate the US claim. If there is a food you are interested in I'd suggest calling the company and asking where their ingredients, including vitamins, are sourced. You may, or may not, get a straight answer.

·
Banned
464 Posts
Still going through a battle of yeasty (dirty) ears. Vet last told me to totally switch the food (Fromm grain free) and see.

I tried Honest Kitchen and Grandma Lucy which I like, however it is not always convenient to feed (out and about or at work) and also pricey. So I'd like to try a new kibble as well, one that is manufactured, made and sourced ingredients from the US. Any suggestions? :wavey:
Dr. Tim's is all USA and Canada. The vitamin maker is even disclosed. This is the only food that tells you the name of the company making the vitamins, DSM Nutritional, and it is one of the best out there. DSM makes all the components of the mix in either Georgia or Maine I believe, and it is mixed in Iowa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.