Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a week of biting, nipping, and having my clothes torn, we had an AWESOME day today.

For starters, Daisy seems to be understanding us know. Either that, or we've come to understand her. So when we're inside, if she starts biting, we simply knock on a table or wall which distracts her. She forgets that she was biting and she then sits nicely. If we're outside, I am using the leash method that our trainer recommended. So, we've had a fantastic day.

Daisy also met her first friend today:yipee: . He's a 7 month old Bichon-Poodle cross named Flex. They played so nicely together and they both whimpered when Flex had to go home:bawling: . There are pictures posted on the puppy picture page, if you want to check them out. I know that there will be good days and bad ones and honestly, this good day made up for all of the bad ones this past week. Hopefully, we'll see more days like this:crossfing ! I am so enamoured with this dog, it's scary!

I just wanted to share. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Happy puppy thoughts
Bonni

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I so understand the enamoured stuff. When Mojo was a baby I carried him around in my arms and on my shoulder (as if to burp). When I sat in the rocking chair he was with me. NEEDLESS TO SAY we learn from our mistakes. My boy might be a small golden but he just can't fit into that old rocking chair any more. Breaks his heart. I just love him to pieces. I've had dogs (and cats) all my life but I've never bonded with any of them like this little guy. Even the kids get a little annoyed at times - oops!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts