Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not yet...we will pick him up on the 21st. We asked to be put on the waiting list for a pup as Farley's mom is being breed again and I completely trust his breeder. Well, I wanted to make sure she got the message so I confirmed my interest with her friend and the lady who had Farley until he was 10 weeks (breeder moved to TX and did not want to stress the pups) and has his brother Joker. Joker was going to be a show dog but a few weeks ago he developed a testicular infection and had an emergency neuter- ending his show career before it began. Joker was their family pet as well so they were going to keep him but when I asked about the waiting list she brought up her situation. She said because she know Farley was in such a good home (we keep in contact often) that she would consider allowing us to take Joker if we would be interested. Of course I said yes! So she took a week or so to think about it and let me know yesterday that Joker could be a loving addition to OUR family!! Yeah!! We will pay her for him of course but for us we get a housebroken, neutered, obedience trained, well tempered dog!! When you take into account the amount of money I have put into Farley's training - its a STEAL!! So, Joker will be my fathers dog technically ( that was who we were getting the pup for as my father is IN LOVE with Farley as well) but as he lives right next door its like I get another Farley! Oh joy! I even have a hard time feeling sorry for Jokers mom because I am so happy to have him in our family. I am horrible....but I just can't help it. In the end she will be able to buy her show dog and Joker will be very well taken care of.
Happy days! Now comes the waiting........and the scrambling together of funds.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Congrats on getting Joker. He sounds like a great addition to your family

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
how exciting! can't wait to see pictures!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts