Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/

Here are the invited goldens for 2010.

CH Birnam Wood's Hoot Gibson
CH Easthill Broxden Pop Star
CH Golden Trip Snow Dream
CH Tempo's U'Ve Got What Gets Me
CH Toasty's Treasure Island

I'm all excited because Tally's mom CH Gracie is competing at Westminster with the Topgun Team. Anyone else going to watch/participate this year?

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
thanks for posting that!
Do you know the call names for those dogs?

·
16,000 Posts

Call names are:

Gibson
Nick
Sarah
Player
Treasure

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
I'm all excited because Tally's mom CH Gracie is competing at Westminster with the Topgun Team. Anyone else going to watch/participate this year?
Remember - other than the top five (invited) the rest of the field is by lottery until the show fills. There are lots of folks that plan to go and don't get in. It's weird because some of the rarer breeds end up with HUGE entries and other more popular breeds have what seems like a really small entry. All dogs have to be Champions to enter - there are no classes - just best of breed.

And for EssJay, yes, Westminster is televised live. Usually on the USA network on that Monday and Tuesday. Just groups - though breed judging has been made available online.

The "National Dog Show" (Philadelphia) will be broadcast (taped) after the Macy's parade tomorrow afternoon....I won't tell you who won ;-)
Erica

·
16,000 Posts
Remember - other than the top five (invited) the rest of the field is by lottery until the show fills. There are lots of folks that plan to go and don't get in. It's weird because some of the rarer breeds end up with HUGE entries and other more popular breeds have what seems like a really small entry. All dogs have to be Champions to enter - there are no classes - just best of breed.

And for EssJay, yes, Westminster is televised live. Usually on the USA network on that Monday and Tuesday. Just groups - though breed judging has been made available online.

The "National Dog Show" (Philadelphia) will be broadcast (taped) after the Macy's parade tomorrow afternoon....I won't tell you who won ;-)
Erica

There is a very short window for entries to get in for Westminster. Limits are usually reached within an hour. Frustrating, too, is that there are people who actually enter with no intention of actually showing, simply for the status of having their dog's name in the catalogue.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
I think I'm out of luck as I don't think we get USA network in Canada :( I'll check the tv guide closer to the date, though.

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remember - other than the top five (invited) the rest of the field is by lottery until the show fills.
Erica
Luckily, she's in- the window is super-small, but her handler was up early that day.

·
16,000 Posts
Luckily, she's in- the window is super-small, but her handler was up early that day.

How does she know? Entries have not been announced yet. The official close is not until 12/4 at 3:00pm.

SUBMISSION DATES FOR ALL ENTRIES: Once the Top 5 list and the eligible Juniors list is posted on the Westminster and InfoDog websites, or beginning November 16, 2009 (whichever is earlier), Best of Breed/Variety entries (both invited and non-invited) and Junior Showmanship entries may be sent via any traditional postal service that will deliver to a P.O. Box and does not require a signature for delivery or through infodog.com at any time to be received no later than 3 PM (ET) Friday, December 4, 2009. No entry will be accepted that requires a signature for delivery. No entries, for other than Invited dogs, invited Juniors exhibiting Invited dogs or Junior Showmanship Only, will be processed prior to 8 AM (ET) on Friday, December 4, 2009. As in the past, all other entries will be accumulated in random order until all invitees have been processed.

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good question- i'll inquire and get back to you! Maybe it's the before hatching chickens hotel room syndrome. . . Well, it's fun to dream.

·
the party's crashing us
4,420 Posts
Are we making bets?

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Thanks! I guess I was lazy, I did know Gibson, Nick, and Treasure. Should have just asked for the other 2!
:doh:

Call names are:

Gibson
Nick
Sarah
Player
Treasure

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
just five dogs?
The top five of every breed are invited - meaning their entries are accepted right away - without having to go through the lottery system. After closing (December 4th I think) the supers will put all of the "non-invitees" into a drawing and will pull envelopes until the show is full. There will likely be more than 5 goldens and it's possible that not all of those five will actually send entries or attend the show. I tried to find the statistic but couldn't find it (of course when I'm looking for it I can't find it) - pertaining to what percentage of invitees (across all-breeds) actually enter and attend Westminster - When I read it I was surprised at how low it was - If I recall it was over 50% but only just over 50%.
E

·
16,000 Posts
I tried to find the statistic but couldn't find it (of course when I'm looking for it I can't find it) - pertaining to what percentage of invitees (across all-breeds) actually enter and attend Westminster - When I read it I was surprised at how low it was - If I recall it was over 50% but only just over 50%.
E
It's all about who's judging...

·
Mulligan
516 Posts
I have never been to the Westminster Show, or any show of any size for that matter. If I wanted to go, what should I know, how much are tickets, where is the most economical place to stay?? I am a country person and very much at a loss here.
Thank you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts