Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I am new here and beginning the search for a reputable golden breeder. I have narrowed down the list quite a bit to include the following:
Shayan Goldens
Esquire Goldens
Osprey Goldens

I grew up with particularly dark goldens but haven't found many breeders on the west coast with the red color. Does anyone have suggestions? I am located in Northern California but would be more than willing to travel.

** I should note that I am about 8 months to a year out from getting ready to bring a puppy home so I am just in the initial phases of finding a breeder

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Looking for a specific color will be difficult. Its already pretty tough finding a responsible breeder with puppies available when you're looking to bring a puppy home so you might have to compromise a little. No responsible breeder will be breeding for color, but they might get a variety of colors in a litter. Also, did you mean Shyan Golden's in Oregon?

These are litter mates from a litter of medium-dark Goldens, neither really dark red. The pups were all colors of the Golden rainbow.

Attachments

·
133 Posts
You'll find "red" goldens more often in the mid west...but they are usually (NOT ALWAYS) field line. Rush Hill for example is know for their darker goldens and they are conformation lines. Good luck in your search my advice (always) is to go to a show, meet people, talk to everyone and buy a catalog. My suggestion would be to go to the Nor Cal Golden Specialty. good luck in your journey!

·
Registered
12,759 Posts
These are litter mates from a litter of medium-dark Goldens, neither really dark red. The pups were all colors of the Golden rainbow.

I love that photo. :smile2:

Reactions: ArchersMom
1 - 4 of 4 Posts