Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'd like to know if you use wellness plans and if so, which one you recommend.
Meg is 10mths old with hip dysplasia :(
Not sure if there are any wellness plans covering ortopedic trestment though.
Any thoughts?

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
I know if preexisted conditions exist some pet insurance plans won't cover them.

I just put money into a rain day furrbutt account each month for my pack. I put at least $200 aside each month. Pet insurance premiums would cost me at least that much for 2 older cats, and 4 dogs (3 yorkies and a golden)

Reactions: Thaisslima

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I have both insurance (through Petplan which cover orthopedic conditions if they are not pre-existing) and a rainy fund ($50 per month per dog). Has Meg's HD been formally diagnosed ? If it is the case you will have a hard time finding an insurance covering it but you could still take one to cover everything else. Since she is so young, it might be worth looking into even though her HD would perhaps not be covered.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have both insurance (through Petplan which cover orthopedic conditions if they are not pre-existing) and a rainy fund ($50 per month per dog). Has Meg's HD been formally diagnosed ? If it is the case you will have a hard time finding an insurance covering it but you could still take one to cover everything else. Since she is so young, it might be worth looking into even though her HD would perhaps not be covered.
The X-Ray was done 1 month ago overseas, where we used to live. The vet said it is too soon to determine the HD level (A to D) but that she could anticipate that Meg has it. The level would only be determined when she is considered an adult dog - from 1 yr old on..
So not sure if I can consider that formally diagnosed or not.
I guess it worths having a look on the Petplan. Thanks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts