Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. we just picked up our new golden puppy on friday and she is gorgous. her name is poppy and she is 8 weeks old. we all love her but i am a bit concerned. all the puppies i have ever known have been very bouncy and jumping up and poppy is not like this at all. she plays very well with the children if they encourage her, but she doesnt come to us to play or even play with her toys much. she doesnt even wag her tail when i approach her and speak to her. kids at school today and she has spent most of time curled up dozing and wasnt really interested when i tried to play. do you think its just early days and she will come out of her shell.has anyone else come across this behaviour. would appreciate any views.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Welcome...I think most puppies need time to get used to things. When is her first vet visit? Puppies do sleep alot and if she is eating ok I wouldn't be to worried. Keep us posted and go see your vet for that first check up. And we need pictures!!!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome...I think most puppies need time to get used to things. When is her first vet visit? Puppies do sleep alot and if she is eating ok I wouldn't be to worried. Keep us posted and go see your vet for that first check up. And we need pictures!!!
thanks for replying. its my first time on any forum! she had her vet check
on saturday and her 1st jab and the vet just thinks i have a laid back one!
she had no concerns about her.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I remember my friend asking if Hank was OK since he slept a lot when we first brought him home. He was just adjusting to his new home and growing (he gained 10 lbs. between 8 & 10 weeks!) Enjoy this time, one day you'll be wishing she would take a nap!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to you and Poppy,
She does sound like she is just getting settled in to her new home. Since you have taken her into the vet and everything is good, then I would give her a couple of days. In fact I would bet she will be running around and you wishing for those calm days.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I agree with those above, it sounds like she's just getting adjusted. I think it took Jack about a week to adjust completely to his new life. I remember thinking he didn't wag his tail all that much at that time....they're probably sad and a bit confused. It's understandable. Now he's happy as can be and it's been just over 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I agree with the other posters, I think she might just be adjusting. However, we always need pics to diagnose, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts