Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
AAAAAHHHH, what a sweetheart. Love the name too. What fun is in store at your house!!!!

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
He is really cute! Wait until he starts to feel at home, you'll go back to this picture very often, I bet!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, he is back to sleep again after a little meal, more exploring and a short romp. Wow, they tire out quickly at this age; should enjoy it while I can.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
The first few days are stressful in the adjustment of a new home, no littermates, etc. Just let him sleep when he wants and pretty soon he'll be up and around more.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The first few days are stressful in the adjustment of a new home, no littermates, etc. Just let him sleep when he wants and pretty soon he'll be up and around more.
Yeah, just been petting him to sleep. I have been making him take all his naps in the crate in an effort for him to really appreciate it; hope that is the right thing to do.

I'm waiting for him this time so I can grab him as soon as he wakes up to take him outside.:) I missed the last awakening and we had a little accident.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
He is so cute!! Looking forward to seeing him grow....enjoy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. We will have a full photo shoot tomorrow.

Just a question; he has been going to the bathroom a LOT (8 or so times since he's been home, 5 hours), is that normal? I have been taking him out when he wakes up, after he eats, and after a play session. But I cannot seem take him out enough.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Yes that is normal. I used the rule when Bama was a puppy of taking him outside after he eats, sleep, drinks and every 15 minutes of playtime. And as he gets older you will see he can start to hold it longer.
Welcome home Hammand, you are a cutie.

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
so many new puppies on the forum these days - very exciting. Little Hammond is very cute!

·
Kristy
9,931 Posts
God Bless You for bringing a puppy home to New England in January !!! I have been feeling sorry for myself out with Duncan a few times with a parka over my pjs here in the south... can't imagine what it's like up there :)

Can't wait to see the results of the photo shoot... good luck with that. Seems like everytime I try to get down on Duncan's level with camera he has to come scooting over to see what I'm up to. I have a couple excellent shots with the end of his nose taking up the whole frame :)

Hang in there with the potty training, Duncan's been home 6 days now and we've progressed to once and hour whether he seems to need it or not. So far, so good.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Oh My! What a darling little face! You're going to have such fun together!

Potty breaks should be pretty frequent. After play, after eating, sleeping. It sounds like Hammond is just a normal and handsome golden pup!! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well, last night was quite difficult. Tons of wining, howling, etc. as expected. Of course my wife and I were far from perfect in the decisions we made during the course of the day yesterday; but we are learning. Today is a new day and hopefully we can continue to learn from the experiences of this great community.

We live in a town house, and although adequately sized, I am contemplating extending an offer to a neighbour of mine to put them up in a hotel until the yelping phase passes. I fee bad for Hammond and my neighbours.

Anyway, more nap time.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts