Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after weeks of waiting, Gable is finally home and is acting like a typical puppy. He was going strong until about 5 minutes ago and then he crashed. Trying to keep him awake so that he sleeps tonight. Wishful thinking?
Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Gable is such a cute puppy. Love his lamb like coat. I'll give you 50/50 odds of getting a good nights sleep tonight. A sheet over his crate will increase your chances. Be sure to keep the camera handy and post pictures often.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
What a cutie!!! Makes me really miss the puppy stage! I really wish I had this place when I first brought Bailey home :) And I have to repeat the others - you HAVE to post tons of pictures!!!!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Wow, OMG, is he ever cute! Congratulations!! How was your pickup at Dichi?

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My pick up went wonderfully. Dick was so helpful with all the information. Gable slept most of the way home. He is very "curious" tonight and wants to get into everything. The carpet and the couch are much more interesting than any of his toys so that is what he has chosen to chew on. I am chalking it up to first night rambunctiousness. Taking him out every half an hour but he is ahead of us by about five minutes if you know what I mean.
It will all work out. I love him already!!!!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
When we first got Connor we quickly figured out that going out every 20 minutes works more reliably. And don't forget, no matter what toys you buy Gable will almost certainly find a common household object to fall in love with :)

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He only went once outside. The rest has been inside. I think it is hard because we got home in the dark. I am sure tomorrow will be a better day. Right???

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Each passing day will get better. Be consistent though. Take him outside every 15-20 minutes whether it seems like he has to go or not. Even if he has an accident in the house take him outside immediately so he begins to relate potty functions with being outside. When he does pee or poo outside praise him happily and tell him what a good boy he is.

It will get better, but remember little Gable has a very tiny bladder :)

·
Daisy-Broken Heart Healer
595 Posts
He is perfect!! You can tell a Dichi pup a mile away. My husband just walked over to see the pictures and said that we should get another Dichi pup, because yours is so cute. It's on the wish list for next year :)

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
He is perfect!! You can tell a Dichi pup a mile away. My husband just walked over to see the pictures and said that we should get another Dichi pup, because yours is so cute. It's on the wish list for next year :)

I think your husband is a very smart man. ;)

Gable is just adorable and I am so glad he is home. Thanks for the pictures and I am hoping to see many more!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts