Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The breeder of my pup's website just disappeared. I was startled yesterday to notice that they were expecting three litters of pups within a month. That's a whole bunch of puppies. Is this normal for a breeder to have that many litters on the ground at once?

Is this an issue with when their dogs come into heat or something else altogether?

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
3 litters could easily be 30 puppies! Way too much work! Difficult to raise correctly in my book.

Reactions: Gwen_Dandridge

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Normal? No.
Does it happen? Sometimes.
Sometimes it is just a matter of timing and how things work out. bitches all come in season around the same time. Maybe you have had a couple of breedings that did not take and you decide that well let's see if ONE of them can get pregnant and magically ALL 3 do. I do not know the breeder in question, nor what the story is. But just offering one way it could happen.

Reactions: Gwen_Dandridge

·
Kate
21,216 Posts
It was the same stud dog for all three litters.... that seems a bit.... I don't know. Like assembly line breeding or something. >.<

Even with Jacks breeder who is one of those that does (or did - it looked like they were cutting back the last couple years) have 3 litters at a time, but they used different stud dogs.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
BaWaaJige's breeder had 3 litters at the same time the year Jige was born. It was Jiges' mother's last litter she only had 3 pups my breeder had pups reserved out of that litter. I believe that one other dog only had 3-4 pups too. I know that she had several people that didnt get pups even with having 3 litters at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts