Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about five minutes after getting home from college I found a little bump on Dusty's chest near his shoulder. It's pink, has sort of yellow crusty stuff around it, and has some redder spots. My father thinks it's a wart and wants to get wart remover from CVS (I hope he's joking, and yes, of course I will take the dog to the vet). Has anyone seen anything like that? And what did you do about it?

Thanks! :)

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Haven't a clue, can you post a picuture?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was hard to get a clear picture, but at least this gives an idea of the color and size ... The pictures make it look more like just a pink spot, but it's definitely a raised bump. (sorry the pictures are so big!)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the only possibility I can think of either, but I don't know what could have bitten him here in the desert. Unless it's been there since we were out of town for an agility trial at Thanksgiving, and I really hope someone would have noticed it before then. Boo picked up a tick at that trial but I checked them both really well after that. (definitely not going back to that trial site again. a tick crawling around next to the ring. not okay.)

We'll see what the vet says. Thanks :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Did the ticks get attached? Could that be one of the spots where the tick was? I think a vet visit is a good idea to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I agree with Carol, looks like a spot where a tick was attached and then later fell off. Be sure to let us know what the vet thinks!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The vet said it could be an insect bite or just a cyst. So we're supposed to keep an eye on it and see whether it goes away or gets bigger or anything. Thanks all for your input! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts