Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, so pretty much as long as I've had Ace he does this thing where he either bends low and digs at the floor, the couch, or the bed (depends on which thing he's sitting on) or lies on his side and looks like he's running on his side, except he's only using his front paws. He's not like in a trance or anything, because as soon as I call him he stops and comes right to me. But I'm still curious about why he does this, and if anyone else's dog does it too. I've never seen a dog do what he does.

And if it matters any, Ace is a little over 6 months old as seen in the ticker below.

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Koda lies on her side and does this. She does it more when we are rubbing her belly. We call it swimming as that is what it looks like. I don't know if it is weird but I don't think it is bad..

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
He is making a nest, it is instinct. Cannella will dig into a rug but she has enough beds and blankets around now she doesn't need to. But she still 'fluffs' them up.

·
Registered
926 Posts
My 4.5 year old "digs" the floor, sofa, doggy bed etc when he is tired. It's your dog's way of building the nest he that he would if he lived in the wild. I'm so used to it that I it seems natural to me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 4.5 year old "digs" the floor, sofa, doggy bed etc when he is tired. It's your dog's way of building the nest he that he would if he lived in the wild. I'm so used to it that I it seems natural to me.
I don't know if that's what I'm talking about. My other dog does that, and she'll dig and gather blankets and push them around with her nose until she sees fit, but Ace will dig continuously in one spot and that's it. I wish I had a video to post. I guess there's something that he really wants to get to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts