Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that this varies from dog to dog...but how does 28 lbs sound for this age? I took Bailey up to the scale last night and was a little surprised. I'm not sure what I was expecting it to be, but almost 30 was a surprise.
She still looks like a puppy, but you can see hints of a dog in there. Her paws seem huge for her body and her legs are stretching out a bit.

When we visited the breeder I'd guess the female was around 60 and male was 70+?

What kind of weight gain should we expect between months 4 and 6? 6-10? 10-12?

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Hank weighed 40 lbs. at 4.5 months but he'll probably be around 75-80 lbs. full grown.

28 lbs. sound about right for a 60 lb. female.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Odie

Odie is almost 3 and a half months and weighs 35 pounds. The vet thinks he may end up weighing between 90-100lbs!!!! He's a big boy already, with really big paws!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Holy Moses! Bauer is only 12 weeks old but he's not more than 18 lbs. At 16 weeks, he will probably be no more than 24 lbs. He will be at a very good working weight at 60 lbs as an adult. Both parents weighed 60 and his dad was had a good slim athletic build at that weight.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Judge is 4 1/2 months and already weighs 52! He is going to be big though, his daddy is very big for a Golden and he clearly takes after him! No extra weight, he is just a big boy. Reading these makes me feel like he is huge! First thing our vet and trainer said was "You know he's going to be a very big dog, right?"

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
Bailey was 37 pounds at 6 months. She has gone through two growth spurts since then and I would guess she is around 45 pounds now, maybe a little more. Her mother was 60lbs and father was about 65-70lbs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clearly a wide range of weights, as suspected. I guess she's in an acceptable range at this point. I want to try and be careful, since our 6 yr old was really overweight when we got her at 14 months.
Her legs are starting to get the length now, making her look a little goofy. And her hair is starting to lose that puppy fluff feel. Ah, I'm already starting to miss her early stage...even though it hasn't passed yet.

·
Hudsen, born 8-23-09
269 Posts
I took Hudsen to the vet for his 16 week shots on Saturday and he was somewhere between 28-30lbs- He didn't want to sit on the scale :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Penny Lane weighed 21.4 lbs at 18 weeks. She's always been on the small side and we keep her on the slow growth plan. She'll be between 60 an 65 lbs as an adult.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts