Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok maybe this should technically be under "other pets" but I have to brag.

I got to get into the ring again this weekend since Belle's retirement. My "agility partner" Dawn, after entering the trial found out she has mandatory overtime she had to work this weekend. So she asked me to run her yellow Lab, Gus. I have played with Gus at home, and did run him in class these past two weeks. He is a nice dog, but a big goof ball and a momma's boy. That was the big question..... would her run without Dawn there. The answer is YES!!!!! Our excellent jumpers run was first on Sat, and he dropped a bar, just not picking up his back legs far enough. Doof. Then in excellent standard, he Q'd!!!!! That was super fun. To know I can Q a new dog. Today in jumpers we Q'd!!!! Then in standard he turned left when he should have turned right, hit the after burners to catch up, and dropped a bar. It was a combo dog/handler error. So I had an awesome time, and it was great getting into the ring again.

Gus is a good transition dog between Gabby and Belle. He is much faster that Belle, but not nearly as fast as Gabby will be. It was fun to do some things differently in the ring than I would have with Belle. However, it did make me realize just how much I do miss running my special girl. Kind of sad, but I had a great career with her, and still have a great dog.

Now to brag on QUINN!!!!! FOUR RUNS 3Q's TWO NEW TITLES!!!!!! Saturday she "double" Q'd in open standard and novice jumpers. Two first places, smoking hot times, and a new novice jumpers title. Today she Q'd in open standard her title (on to excellent A) and then had her first run at open jumpers. She dropped a bar in that but it was a handlers indecision at the last moment and slight hesitation that brought it down. It was a SUPER run other than that. Not a novice handler error, just a last minute indecision on what he really wanted to do. I am proud of both my husband and Quinn.

It was a great but LONG weekend.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
wooooo hoooooo way to go! I can't wait until you and Gabby hit the ring together!

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Please tell your hubby Congrats from me and Titan.. Were kinda family..lol!
You know Ann I need a few legs with Titan.. You should come run him for me..lol!
I stink in agility!

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
WOOO HOOOOO!!!! Congrats to you! Sounds like a very fun weekend! That is great that Gus ran so well for you! I bet Dawn was please with the two Qs!

Way to go Quinn and Art!!!

Get some rest! Tomorrow is work right?!

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Woot Woot :) Sounds like a great weekend - congratulations :)

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Great job on a fun weekend!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts