Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Directly after work tonight, I spent a few minutes working weaves - their reward tonight was that tub Mac N Cheese you can buy at the store :wave: They are faster with better lighting, but you train when you can right? I am also training them to stay in the poles regardless of my body movement.

Faelan

Towhee

Casey

Reactions: Stretchdrive

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
They look great! Towhee especially has great weave motion.
What would you charge to come train Tito??? This poor dog is ignored almost all the time these days....

Reactions: Sunrise

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look great! Towhee especially has great weave motion.
What would you charge to come train Tito??? This poor dog is ignored almost all the time these days....
Grins - that's probably because she's petite :) She still likes me close though - we need to work on that.

Tito ignored? Okay, I have to say I doubt that LOL

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Great job!! You have been working hard with your dogs, and they are all looking great!!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
looks like fun! I'm still trying to get that 2x2 dvd from bowwow

And now I'm singing weaving in the morning, weaving in the evening, weaving at suppertime

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Great videos! They all look great. I agree Towhee has some great weaving motion! I am sure she will learn distance with time. Make sure you reward ahead of the weaves as well.

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
I learned 2x2 in my last class, and it was fun for my dogs! All this weave talk, I am getting so excited to get my new weaves this summer!! ecspecially since Rivet broke one of my stick in the ground last year, making me only have 11 now:(

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
I am excited for you too! Weaves are FUN!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I am excited for you too! Weaves are FUN!

is that kind of like when I say heeling is FUN and 3/4 of the people roll their eyes? :p:

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Maybe, but I think heeling is fun too! I love weaving!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
yeah but we're both probably considered a little weird. I also enjoy endless drilling of fronts. So do my dogs.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
And I'm STILL singing about weaving! Maybe I'll at least change it to heeling.

Reactions: sammydog

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Sharon, they all look great! Casey is such a champ, it's hard to believe he is a senior.

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks :) Yes, I sometimes use a sippy cup or tug toy out in front - Ms Towhee will really drop her head and plow through when her sippy is out there LOL

Great videos! They all look great. I agree Towhee has some great weaving motion! I am sure she will learn distance with time. Make sure you reward ahead of the weaves as well.

Reactions: sammydog

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks !!

I ran into a neighbor while hiking a few days ago, and his golden girl is around Casey's age...she has real problems at times navigating and is lighter in coat so does not show silver so much. My neighbor had not seen Casey for awhile and commented on how silver he looked for a younger dog and I kind of laughed and reminded him that Casey and Seka were the same age :)

Sharon, they all look great! Casey is such a champ, it's hard to believe he is a senior.

Reactions: Stretchdrive

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
WOW! Towhee is really fast! They all look great.
I agree, your hard work is paying off in all areas.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Mesmerized watching Casey's tail! :)

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I adore Casey's tail !! I just trimmed over 4 inches off of it on Sunday, I love it so much I let it get too long LOL

He uses it all the time either as a rudder or as a happy tail wagging boyo :)

Mesmerized watching Casey's tail! :)

Reactions: LibertyME
1 - 20 of 20 Posts