Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the weather in Cape May is nasty. Remnants of IDA. Joy practically closed her eyes and followed me walking back into the 40 mph gusts. Now were indoors and I have to play music in every room because the wind is rattling the building and Joy barks at some of the new/strange sounds.

Can't begin to imagine how the pups in New Orleans managed a few years ago.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tell me about it! Here in Va Beach its raining hard and blowing 35 gusting to 50 mph and I have 8 inches of tidal flooding in my yard and the highest tide is yet to come. Of course Runner does not want to do her business in deep water, but on the other hand thinks its a big old game, same as playing over at the beach. There is a small dry spot out front and dry land about a half block to the north. Could be worse, not likely to get into the house, so will wade out soon and try to get her to go again. We keep telling her what a lucky dog she is.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Poor Joy...she can't go out and play shuffleboard? I thought the weather in MD was nasty but it's just rain. I hope you all make it though the storm ok.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Good luck with the bad weather. We lucked out and just got alittle rain.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dbrothers and Runner we just saw the video of Va. Beach and thats what is headed our way Yikes. Maybe Joy wont want to eat today. Just kidding and she would play shuffleboard if I would let her.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Update from Va Beach. We've now been thru 3 very high tide cycles, the highest was last night and came within about half a foot to coming into the house. Spent the night with one of wife's running buddies who owns Runner's cousin. We went there because her back yard was not under water and was good for the dogs. As it turns out her house is closer to sea level than ours and highest tide came within an inch or so of coming into the house. The backyard stayed mostly dry for us to take out the dogs. A very nervious night. On the plus side Runner behaved very well for being 6 mos. old, almost like she knew we were scared and upsed. Forcast for tonights high tide is for it to be a foot lower. With any luck yard will drain by Sunday so we can bring our girl home.

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
My three could care less about the North-easter. We are about three blocks from the bay and no problems with water(Thank Goodness)
CaptCooke give Joy a hug from us!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts