Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a thought today. Lisa was born in Germany, a rather green / lots of rain climate.

I'm guessing when we get to Texas, (Fort Bliss) that the weather is going to be a big change.

Any climate change advice?:confused:

(and how am I going to get her to go potty, she only goes on grass so far? :doh:I'm guessing there isn't much grass out there.)

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
I moved from northern California to Houston (and back 3 years later). My boys adapted to the heat and humidity OK, although Toby (my golden) was always hot, even inside the house with 2 central A/C units and ceiling fans running. I just made sure to walk them early in the morning or at dusk and to take it easy with them. Jack seemed to like the heat; sometimes I had to force him to come inside. He loved to lie on the cement patio in the blistering sun.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
We're in Dallas, our son and his family are in Austin. I see the biggest change to be the heat of the summer. It's just a way of life here to walk or exercise them early, early in the morning or evening after it starts to cool down. Of course for the rest of the day, they are seeking out the cool tile floors even in the refrigerated house. You shouldn't have any problem with grass............ most everyone I know in TX has a regular grass yard.
When do you make the move??? I'll give you an early, "Howdy... welcome to Texas!!!"

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We're in Dallas, our son and his family are in Austin. I see the biggest change to be the heat of the summer. It's just a way of life here to walk or exercise them early, early in the morning or evening after it starts to cool down. Of course for the rest of the day, they are seeking out the cool tile floors even in the refrigerated house. You shouldn't have any problem with grass............ most everyone I know in TX has a regular grass yard.
When do you make the move??? I'll give you an early, "Howdy... welcome to Texas!!!"
Trying to get there early like mid july..so can get the kids set up for school. :bowl:

Poochie our Shep/Chow mix is probably never going outside or for at least the next couple years. He likes outside but sun doesn't like him. Lisa will follow me anywhere no matter what rain snow... so I'm just gonna get her one of those cold pack thingies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts