Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Our 4yr old Golden needs a friend :wave:
We'd really like to find a Dark Red Female that isn't too far. We live in Michigan and would be willing to travel to surrounding states.
We'd like a puppy or young dog.

Thanks!
Shannon

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hello and welcome,
I would first look at the grca.org puppy referral site for a reputable breeder in your area. http://grca.org/allabout/puppyreferrals.html . See all clearances and talk with the breeder. Also at the top of the page is a puppy buyers fact checklist to help with finding a good breeder.
Good luck with finding a new buddy.

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Hi!

Our 4yr old Golden needs a friend :wave:
We'd really like to find a Dark Red Female that isn't too far. We live in Michigan and would be willing to travel to surrounding states.
We'd like a puppy or young dog.

Thanks!
Shannon

Are you willing to wait too? Max's dad is a dark red - there was a dark red puppy in the other Females litter and the breeder says she always has at the least, one red puppy. This time was no different - just one. But they just got weaned and sold a week and a half ago. Sooo I don't know how long it is for them in between litters - but you'd have to wait until the Lady's next litter. Maybe someone knows of one closer and sooner? Hmm.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dark Red Ones

Hi, Suzie G and Maggie here

I would check with Topbrass Golden Retrievers-Jackie Mertens or dogs from Sharon Long. .They have just bred Sarah and Drake. Drake appears to be dark and I wouldn't be surprized if they threw some dark pups. Our Maggie girl is out of their breeding program. She is the best dog we have ever had in almost 34 yrs. I HIGHLY recomend Topbrass.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Keep in mind that coat color is merely paint in the end. Please be sure to look for a sound, healthy pup from a reputable breeder who has proper clearances on all her dogs. Once that's been determined, having a preference for a darker pup is great. I like the dark pups, too!

(And there is some truth to the stereotype that the dark dogs are often more "fieldy" which in general = more active. Be sure you want that! It's awfully hard to live with then you don't!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts