Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Destroyer of Toys
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say this to Louie when I'm scratching his ears or his belly, or his armpits. He is so lucky to have me, haha :)

Just a minute ago I sat on the couch. Long day! Louie rested his head on the cushion next to me, so I scratched the top of his head and behind the ears. He loved this because he started to really turn his head into the couch and do that smile he does. You know, that smile you can see, where their mouth is closed but turned up in a big grin.

I let him up on the couch, scratched his back a little, he really liked that, so he turns himself in a circle, now putting his butt in the air...He loves butt scratches (lower back and sides of his tush). Scratches is the ultimate sign of love for my dog....well, aside from giving him food.

Here's a trick I've learned growing up with dogs my whole life: If you wanna be the favorite, scratch your dog's armpits. They will love you forever. And from that point on, you are the designated armpit scratcher.

Sorry if this is a little too silly! But I sure do love my dog!

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
And your dog loves you.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Have two who love scratching time in my house too. It has become a routine where not only do I scratch, but gives me a chance to go over them from head to toe each night. They love it and do a waggy dance so I will make sure to reach their favorite scratchy places. Love this quiet time of the evening just snuggling and scratching.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Just this morning I was scratching Penny's chest and throat. She held her chin up and got the most dreamy look on her face, eyes half closed. She loves her chest and throat the most.

Next to that: there's nothin' like a good butt scratch!!!

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Max appreciates a good scratching but he loves a good thumping! Right on the back near the tail especially. His tail starts going so fast one of these days he's going to take off like a whirlybird :) Maybe something you can try - play the drums on his back side! :)

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
I think Penny liked her thumping once she realized it wasn't a beating without the hairbrush. lol

She got all excited by it and started jumping in circles!! Definitely in the LIKE column!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Nugget loves it when I straddle him and scratch both sides of his rear end near the base of his tail. He actually dances!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts