Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - SHES TOTALLY ADORABLE!! I love her lil hiney!!! YAY the cat has a new chew toy!! I bet you are glad for that!!

Sorry to hear she is crying... hee hee hee - been hearing alot of that lately - my friend just had a litter leave and many of the new puppy parents are experiencing the same thing.

Unfortunately the only real sound advice we can give is....... BE CONSISTENT, DONT GIVE UP, and it WILL get better!!!

(easy for us to say - we arent the ones who are listening to the pitiful cries!)

BUT - if it will make you feel any better...... many of us have BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is an adorable puppy. I love the one with Maggie May and the kitten. They are going to be the best of buddies for their whole lives. Congratulations on the new pup and kitten.
There are alot of great people here that will be able to answer most any question that you have.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! You couldn't have chosen a better breed! Both Maggie May and the kitten are adorable! I hope tonight is better for you. Is the crate next to your bed at night? They don't mind being in the crate so much with you right there and it is a good bonding experience for them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes. Last night was Maggie's 2nd night in a crate and she cried most of the night. She doesn't understand why I don't come running...I won't put her cage in the bedroom as I look at it like I am putting her to bed like putting a child to bed, in their own room. My sister has a golden and said she tried crate in her bedroom and she heard and woke up every time the dog moved, scratched himself. licked himself....lol and if she got up in the night to pee she had to take the dog out as it woke him up to pee...lol so...no doggy in the bedroom as I drink lots of water (just quit smoking) and get up at least once a night, I don't want to wake MaggiMay.
But...after we all get up at 5am I take Maggie outside and she goes potty. At 8 weeks she is holding it all night from 10pm-5am So far not one accident in the house or in cage, I am grateful for that!
Now that she is getting used to me I am going to introduce her to Mr. Leash today.I hope she doesn't fight it too much.
I see all of your pics of your goldens, and they all are beautiful and look so sweet. What a great breed!

·
Registered
16,975 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Not sure how I missed this thread this long. She shure is a cutie!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the sleeping problems but it does come with the territory. Good luck with her.

Hooch

·
Registered
677 Posts
THATS WONDERFUL!!!! Sounds like she is doing GREAT!!!!! The crate thing will come along.... the whining and the crying will subside.... just be consistent and dont give in... SHES TESTING YOU!!!! (she's a Golden - SHES VERY SMART!!!) ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Oh I know she is testing me but I am not giving in, last night I just turned the fan on high so I couldn' thear her whining.....just a few nights more and she will be done whining at night. Other than that she is my sweetie. Good girl too, no accidents yet..she marches right outside to do her potty and I am so happy she knows why we go outside. I have had puppies in the past that would just sit there and look at me like what are we doing out here? haha. But MaggieMay is a smart girl and she knows why we go outside.
Going to take her out before it rains, looks like rain today.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Maggie May is just doing great and it will get easier. She is a cutie.

·
1,098 Posts
She is so cute!! Sounds like you guys are off to a great start!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts