Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Yep - no cure for the messy drinker. I also have a water hog mat and it does hold a ton of water and a towel gets the rest. It is amazing just how much water a sloppy drinker can spread. Kosmo on the other hand is a very neat drinker and just looks at Jackson like he's a slob. :)

·
Sadies Dad
48 Posts
Reilly's doing really good at most everything so far. One of my pet peeves though is that when she drinks water out of her dish, she takes a few big gulps than walks across the floor leaving major water spillage everywhere as it drips from her mouth. So I've been following her around with the swifer, but she takes a few drinks, walks away, comes back a minute later for a few more drinks etc. I'm basically following her around until the bowls empty. A mat wouldn't help because she's walking around as she'd getting water everywhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!:)
Yes ! - Be thankful that she doesn't dig in her water bowl like one of our boys used to do !!!

Seriously a big towel, Bob was a dribeller until the end, Toby was a tidy drinker - Miss Sadie seems to be somewhere in between.

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Yep - no cure for the messy drinker. I also have a water hog mat and it does hold a ton of water and a towel gets the rest. It is amazing just how much water a sloppy drinker can spread. Kosmo on the other hand is a very neat drinker and just looks at Jackson like he's a slob. :)
Yep, LOL, like I said... the Waterhog changed our lives!

Our entire house is wood floor. Before the mats... ugh, it was HORRIBLE. Water trailed all through the house.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Our Tobey is a messy drinker and drips water everywhere... He's also a messy eater... He'll grab some kibble, walk away from his bowl, and eat a little sometimes dropping it around the kitchen as he eats.

He also like to step in his water bowl... he's done it since he was a puppy, but he's slowly doing it less and less. It's amazing how much water gets soaked up in his paws!

We have no answers for this, I figures it's just part of having a dog :)

·
Chelsea
842 Posts
Sadie does the same exact thing when she drinks. She laps it up and then walks all over the tile while its still dripping out of her mouth, cute, but sort of gross. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
You don't know water drips after drinking til you have a springer spaniel, those soft lips hold alot of water, lol. They drink their water outside then when they come back in I give a swipe of his mouth with a towel.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts