Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

Just to let you guys know that the limp Bear had...we still aren't sure why he had it..could be a nail issue as they trimmed his nail and he isn't limping. He does however have an ear infection in one ear and the start of one in the other ear thank god we took him to the vet for the limp. I feel like a bad pet owner even though this is only our 2nd canine ear infect, and 15 years apart on top of it. :(

Anyway, about a week before the limp occured Bear and I were rough housing...and I got headbutted in the nose. Since then he doesn't rough house with me as hard, maybe half speed at best. This could be health related due to the limp and ears, but as I said the lack of 'hard' play happened a few days prior to the health issues. I've had accidents before with Bear and Lucy before him but within 24 hours we were back playing like normal, but this time it's different. I'm wondering is Bear worried about breaking me? I did yell 'OW' mainly because it hurt like the hubbs of ****, and I thought my nostril was in my hairline. If this IS because he hurt me...how do I get him back to playing hard like we used to? Any ideas?

The worst part of it...this wasn't even Bear's and my worst wreck!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Good to hear the limp is better and you can get on the ear isssues. It sounds like the play will be lighter since you nose injury though. Your reaction was the same as teaching him not to bite during play and he learned how fragile you were. :p:

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I think that he is just trying to take care that he doesnt break you. Give it time and I think he will be back to rough playing with you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts