Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
WELL.....we are in our basement (made like a finished apartment), and we have been cleaning up water all morning on the floors! The gutters can't support all the water from the ground. We are on higher ground, so no actual flooding, BUT....we have a bridge over our creek, and my Son wasn't able to get over it this morning to go to work. Hopefully, it is receding....so by the time my DH leaves for work (1:30) he can get over the bridge. The pictures are just HORRIFIC.....if some of you haven't seen them. I know on the World news, they have been showing pictures yesterday and today. I feel so SORRY for all the people who have lost their homes....and all the damage to so many others.
Hope everyone else is OK!:uhoh: :smooch:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Doing good here however this morning I hit a wall of water on the interstate and nearly did a 360. Tensed up so tight I ended up coming home from work early with a massive headache and neck ache.

UGH!

·
luv my goldens
481 Posts
No flooding at my house. I hope everyone else is doing okay and those that are being hit with the floods have minimul damage.

Sonja

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yikes!!! I haven't checked under our house yet (to see if we have a pool :eek:) but fortunately from what I can see it's only completely sodden ground. I was really freaked out by the intense wind last night. There is a line of REALLY tall trees right behind our house that were creaking quite a bit all night long and DH is out of town!

Sienna went out into the yard to do her business and everything was swirling around her-I got a little freaked out and got her to come back in. Very surreal.

Scary Martha!! Hope you are okay.
Hope there are no mold problems for you Karen!

They closed the I-5 FWY between Portland and Seatle at Chehalis!!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
They closed the I-5 FWY between Portland and Seatle at Chehalis!!
Yup, Interstate closed and all mountain passes closed in Washington due to avalanches and mudslides and Amtrack cancelled runs. The ONLY way to get from Portland to Seattle is by plane right now.

Dec of 2007 when they closed the Interstate down, it was 4 days and we lost 4 Million dollars a day in transport frieght.

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Oh please everyone stay safe.

And if you are anywhere near a flood zone or by a river take you posessions to higher ground. Even if the chances are slim, I'd plan for the worst! (I wish I had :))

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I'm amazed at, once again, how lucky we got! Lots of thanks to county & Army Corp of Engineers who were working on dike breakage all nite (and still are).
lot of strange stories, but, for us a happy ending.

·
Murphy's Mommy
2,441 Posts
Seattle is doing fine.. I live up on a hill so we dont get any flooding, but you guys that do are in my thoughts. Murphy is not really liking the winds tought. We went out to go potty the other night, and he didnt even want to go.. he turned around and wanted to go back inside. I had to drag him out to the potty spot.. His little ears were flapping in the wing :-(

Be safe and dry everyone!!

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
Our yard has quite a bit of water in it and some of the local roads have water over them but we are on a hill so don't flood. One of the main highways in the valley has been closed so there is heavier than usual traffic on the alternate roads but nothing to complain about compared to what others are dealing with.

There is a new dog park on Ebey Island which I thought would have flooded but hasn't. However there haven't been many dogs there the last two days :(

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
Things seem to be a bit better today. It is colder so not as much snow is melting and it isn't raining. It took me twice as long as usual to get to work due to road closures but hopefully the roads can reopen after the weekend.

·
luv my goldens
481 Posts
I was amazed last night when we drove out to Snohomish and the dog park wasn't flooded and neither was home acres road. I hope everyone stays safe.

Sonja

1 - 18 of 18 Posts