Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are able to recommend a reputable breeder expecting Golden Retriever puppies in November 2012, I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any information you might share with m

Our family pet, our beloved Golden Jake, passed away at age 11, a few years ago. We miss him, terribly. To further add a hole in our family, our only child has been away, serving in the military since 2006!

My son will be getting out of the Navy in Jan. 2013, after 7 years of service. We have not seen him since he detached to So. Korea, almost 2 yrs ago. While he's been gone, our precious Jake passed away. We would dearly love to find a well-bred (HEALTHY) pup to gift our son upon his return, as a "Thank you for your service" and "Welcome HOME!" gift. He had expressed his desire to raise a Golden, when he's settled back in the U. S.

So, I am researching breeders in the St. Louis area, hoping to identify a litter to be born in November, from parents with certified health histories. We would travel to find the right puppy.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

I am so thankful I found the thread on Sievers brothers kennels, as I now know what to look for, and to AVOID in a "breeder".

Does anyond have experience with the Beisher's in Farmington?

THANK YOU!
Jane

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I want to add that my son has expressed his desire to raise another Golden, asking us to help find a well-bred pup and reputable breeder ... the "surprise" was to be our paying for it, which he is not expecting. Someone advised that we should allow him time to settle in to Civilian life again - and I agree.

We are still very interested in information on area breeders and late Fall 2012 litters, as my husband and I are very ready to commit the next 15 years to another Golden in OUR home, as well!

THANKS TO ALL HERE!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Welcome to the forum! With regards to the Beishirs (Country Sunshine Farm) no reputable golden breeder breeds doodles--GRCA doesn't support this. I seriously doubt they do clearances (OFA hips/elbows, CERF eyes, Cardiologist for heart). There is a GR Club in St Louis (GRC of Greater St Louis). Here is their breeder referral POCs as listed on the website: Suzanne Wakefield via email [email protected] or Sue Lister via phone 636-338-4531

·
Carlos-Rhett's Dad 4ever
326 Posts
Contact the Golden Retriever Club of Greater St Louis as already posted. They were very helpful with providing me with a list of local reputable breeders who were members of their club and also members of the GRCA. The direct link to their website is: GRC of Greater St Louis .

My wife and I are looking to get a new Golden pup in the Spring. I've made contact with a breeder on their referral list who is very close to my area and she was very helpful in answering all the questions that I had.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Golden Retriever Club of Greater St. Louis is a great place to look for a reputable breeder. Dirk's Fund Golden Retriever Rescue right outside of St. Louis could also point you in the right direction for a good breeder. I rescued my older, crazy man from them, and they could definitely tell you who to stay away from.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
The Golden Retriever Club of Greater St. Louis is a great place to look for a reputable breeder. Dirk's Fund Golden Retriever Rescue right outside of St. Louis could also point you in the right direction for a good breeder. I rescued my older, crazy man from them, and they could definitely tell you who to stay away from.
Sorry to go off topic, but did you adopt Luke, the sock eating boy?

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
Welcome to the Group!

Thank your son for all he has done for this country :D

Reactions: JFH63028

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Contact the local club for a puppy referral. Off hand, I can think of Confetti, Heritage, Owling, and Karamor.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to go off topic, but did you adopt Luke, the sock eating boy?
Sorry for hijacking. SheetsSM, I did adopt Luke the sock eating beast. He's currently resting right next to me on the couch after a very hard day of guarding his house. He's added to his list of inedible objects since I've adopted him, but fortunately nothing serious. He ate his pet sitter's entire shoe while I was gone a few months ago, and has a serious love of all paper products. He's calmed down in that area thank goodness. Now, we're just trying to battle his never ending allergies from living here in Georgia. He's currently getting weekly allergy shots to try and relieve some of his itching.

I'm glad people remember him. I adore the guy, paper eating and allergies included.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANK YOU, each, for the warm welcome and all the helpful information!
I shall follow your recommendations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts