Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
The 1st anniversary of a beloved dogs passing is hard, hugs.

All the firsts after they pass like birthdays and holidays bring tears too I know. And "that" song that comes on the radio as your in the supermarket and try to choke back the tears.

I haven't been around much so just read your first post in this thread and we are currently going through some similarities. Vestibular on top of seizures has been a ride but we are doing well.

Glad you have Glimmer to help you through. Every dog teaches us something different, they are never the same. I wouldn't trade what I've through with mine for the world. I think the joy of having them in our lives outweighs the grief we have to go through.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,527 Posts
Those anniversary days are always hard, especially the first ones.
Hope Glimmers gives you comfort and helps you remember sweet Merry with smile. Hugs.

·
Karen
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Thank you for thinking of me, Eric, Golden Camper, and Buddy's Mom

·
Dog Lover
42,034 Posts
Glimmer

Thank you for your note. The pain is horrible, and I know how you are feeling. Give yourself some time and when it feels right I hope you will find that puppy or dog to add to your family. Glimmer, the silly girl in my signature, came to live with me in July. There were lots of tears as I picked her up, but it was also healing. Some things that I couldn't part with from Merry, I was able to let go after I got Glimmer, and then some things that I saved,-- toys and such-- Glimmer plays with and it makes me smile. xx
I don't doubt that Merry sent Glimmer to you, just like Smooch sent me Tucker!

·
Karen
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
I don't doubt that Merry sent Glimmer to you, just like Smooch sent me Tucker!
Thanks Karen, You are very right... I know they look after us, your Smooch and Snobear and my Merry

·
Karen
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Oh Merry, I miss you today. It's been so very very long since I've seen you. I can't believe that the days go by and I can't see you or touch you or pet your soft, soft fur. Everyone always said ... "she's so soft" when they petted you. Take care of Mom ... I'll see you on the other side sweet one. i love you.

·
Dog Lover
42,034 Posts
Nerry

Oh Merry, I miss you today. It's been so very very long since I've seen you. I can't believe that the days go by and I can't see you or touch you or pet your soft, soft fur. Everyone always said ... "she's so soft" when they petted you. Take care of Mom ... I'll see you on the other side sweet one. i love you.
I love what you wrote about Merry!
I look forward to seeing mine on the other side, too!

·
Karen
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Thanks Karen,
As I get closer to the date that I let her go, I think of Merry more and more... and our last days together. The trees on our lake are the same color and the sky is that crisp fall blue.. and I walk the same path, now with Glimmer. Although I realize that this is part of our lives, I am sad that she's not here.

Just yesterday I saw an old soccer teammate that I had not seen for some time. We used to be on the same team and now play for other teams... we were in a game against each other and the first thing she asked was "How's Merry?" Merry was such a part of me, always on the sidelines of our games. Having not seen each other for a while, it was of course the first thing that she thought of.

My sweet girl... beautiful, beautiful golden soul

Karen519.... we will see them on the other side. ...sigh... I just wish I could go visit for a few minutes now and then.

·
Dog Lover
42,034 Posts
Karen

Thanks Karen,
As I get closer to the date that I let her go, I think of Merry more and more... and our last days together. The trees on our lake are the same color and the sky is that crisp fall blue.. and I walk the same path, now with Glimmer. Although I realize that this is part of our lives, I am sad that she's not here.

Just yesterday I saw an old soccer teammate that I had not seen for some time. We used to be on the same team and now play for other teams... we were in a game against each other and the first thing she asked was "How's Merry?" Merry was such a part of me, always on the sidelines of our games. Having not seen each other for a while, it was of course the first thing that she thought of.

Karen519.... we will see them on the other side. ...sigh... I just wish I could go visit for a few minutes now and then.
It would be nice to go and visit for a few minutes. Next month, on Dec. 7th, it will be 6 years since we lost our Smooch.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I sure know what you are going thru, I have been thru it 3 times and it doesn't get any easier. I agree with what the vet said, it is okey to go on a good day and you do not have to wait for a bad day. You will make the right decision, you have taken care of her well for 15 yrs. Listen to yourself she knows you love her, let her go when you think the time is right. Hugs to you!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks Karen,

Karen, I totally know what you mean about visit for a few minutes now and then. OMG, if we only could. I'm afraid I would never let go if I did get to put my arms around my Scout.

·
Karen
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Merry's Day

I miss you my Merry...

Today it's 4 years since I sent you on to Rainbow Bridge

It's such a long time.... yet it seems like just yesterday

Some of the memories are faint... but I see clearly
--the day I picked you up as you curled up in the front seat of my car,
--your head high and your prance when I said the words "you wanna go swimmin?", and
-- your eyes dancing when you stole my slippers

My head understands that all lives end... but for my heart even now I weep.

Sigh... Merry, My Merry... . wait for me with mom.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts