Golden Retriever

Large
Senior
Male
Dog
Pet ID: 010612B

More About Wrangler

APPROXIMATE AGE:9 Yrs.
COMMENTS:Wrangler was impounded by his owner who no longer could care for him. He is a a wonderful guy, and very well behaved. He knows some commands and is in bad need of a loving home.
DATE AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION:01-05-10
ADOPTION FEE: $60

**The shelter's adoption fee includes a certificate for spaying/neutering which is required under the adoption agreement.

POSTED:01-08-10

My Contact Info

• Huntington, WV
  • 304-696-5551
I e-mailed GRREAT.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Spartan Mom

Spartan Mom:

I just got the email that WRANGLER, SENIOR G.R., is urgent.
Also CHECK OUT JASPER, FLAT COAT RET. MIX HERE.
I just emld. Almost Heaven and Mary at Grreat about Wrangler and sent Patty of Flat Coat Rescue in GA an email about Jasper.

More About WranglerSTATUS:Impound
APPROXIMATE AGE:9 Yrs.
COMMENTS:Wrangler was impounded by his owner who no longer could care for him. He is a a wonderful guy, and very well behaved. He knows some commands and is in bad need of a loving home.
DATE AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION:01-05-10

**The shelter's adoption fee includes a certificate for spaying/neutering which is required under the adoption agreement.

POSTED:01-08-10 My Contact InfoHuntington-Cabell-Wayne Shelter
Huntington, WV
304-696-5551
Email Huntington-Cabell-Wayne Shelter
See more pets from Huntington-Cabell-Wayne Shelter
Share on Facebook
INFORMATION

WHO WE ARE: HUNTINGTON-CABELL-WAYNE Animal Control Shelter
WHERE: 1901 James River Road Huntington, WV 25704
PHONE: (304) 696-5551
HOURS: 10am- 4:30pm Monday through Friday and 10am- 3:30pm on Saturday
WHAT WE HAVE: ADOPTABLE PETS
DOGS: cost $60
CATS: cost $50
SPAY AND NEUTER INCLUDED AT LOCAL VET
CASH ONLY

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
What a sweet faced boy. My heart goes out to him.

·
Premium Member
18,458 Posts
I had emailed Almost Heaven in WV yesterday, they are picking him on Monday!

·
Registered
5,649 Posts

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Wrangler

I got an email from Carol of Almost Heaven in WV that they are getting
Wrangler on Monday!

Now I'm emlg. her about beautiful Flat Coat X there named JASPER!

Jasper
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15476530
Flat-coated Retriever [Mix]
Large Adult Male Dog Pet ID: 010613W Printer friendly Email a friend Enlarge photo More About JasperSTATUS:Stray
APPROXIMATE AGE:3 Yrs.
COMMENTS:Jasper is a handsome fellow in need of a new home. Come to the shelter for a visit.
DATE AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION:01-03-10

POSTED: 01-08-10 My Contact InfoHuntington-Cabell-Wayne Shelter
Huntington, WV
304-696-5551
Email Huntington-Cabell-Wayne Shelter
See more pets from Huntington-Cabell-Wayne Shelter
Share on Facebook

Attachments

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Carol of Almost heaven

Here is what Carol of Almost Heaven in WV said about the Flat Coat
H Karen:

Normally, I would take him, but I have absolutely no place to put him and we just can't afford boarding any more.

If I can talk a foster home person into caring for him, he's welcome - but no one wants to foster any more, so unless they come here - we're stuck.

Donations have been way down, too!

Carol
Almost Heaven
[email protected]

http://www.almostheaven-golden-retriever-rescue.org/

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I'm talking to Carol from Almost Heaven about fostering Wrangler!!! I hope it works out and he comes to stay with us until he finds his forever home!

·
I'm Jane, owned by Midas
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hope it works out so that you can keep us all up to date on Wrangler and post lots of pics! :)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I'm talking to Carol from Almost Heaven about fostering Wrangler!!! I hope it works out and he comes to stay with us until he finds his forever home!
Thank you for helping Wrangler. Please let us know how it goes.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Kathi

Kathi

What did Carol of Almost heaven say about you fostering Wrangler?
You are awesome!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Hey Karen! She hasn't gotten him yet, he's at the vet in Huntingtown, WV and will get to her this weekend. She wants to evaluate him to see how he is with other dogs first. There is also someone else who has expressed an interest in fostering him but I don't know what their situation is. Carol also has an older guy named King who is 12 who has some health issues that really needs a foster home where he will be loved and cherished until it's time for him to go to the Rainbow Bridge so I told her if she would rather I take King that I would. She's taking him to the vet next week as he has a chronic ear problem so I think right now it's just a wait and see situation. Either way it looks like I might get to foster some special Golden! I am partial to the older ones I guess because I know they are usually the last to be adopted and I feel like someone has to care about them and make their last years here special. I've been wanting to get much more involved with rescue especially after losing my Rusty and I think I would love fostering for Carol, she is just an awesome lady.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Kathi

Kathi

You are a wonderful person and yes Carol is special just like you.
What about the distance though you being in MD?
So you might get to foster a Senior Golden Ret. and then Carol would take the Golden (Wrangler) and the Flat Coat (Jasper)?
I know I might have confused everyone by posting two dogs on this thread!
Keep me posted!!!

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
It's not really that bad of a drive, a little over 2 hours from us, and I love WV so it would be a nice little drive down to get him. I've been wanting to meet her and visit her sanctuary where she keeps all the dogs nobody wants so hopefully it won't be too long before I can make the trip! And nah, I don't think I'm all that special, I just love these dogs! If I had a big farm I'd have lots of them! Unfortunately I'm in suburbia and doubt if I'll get that farm anytime soon!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Kathi

KATHI

2 hours you really are close!
Let us know what happens!!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Kathi

Kathi

Any News?

You can email me that way I'll see for sure!
[email protected]

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
Kathie127__

You guys rock!

We help Carol out when we can (we've got two rescues from her: Jordie and Scout). We hope to do a transport for her in a few weeks. She is an absolute angel--and you are too for offering to foster one of her Golden oldies.

Bless you both!

SJ

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Kathie127__

You guys rock!

We help Carol out when we can (we've got two rescues from her: Jordie and Scout). We hope to do a transport for her in a few weeks. She is an absolute angel--and you are too for offering to foster one of her Golden oldies.

Bless you both!

SJ
Aww... thanks SJ! Yes Carol is such an angel, she is my role model for rescue! We just adopted our Dusty from her in October after losing our beloved Rusty. (Dusty's name was Rusty but we said there's only one Rusty for us so we changed it to Dusty) I have not had the chance to meet her yet, we've just been communicating through email so I am anxious to meet this wonderful lady! I'm still waiting to hear back from her about either King or Wrangler. I've offered to help her with transport as well when I can but it's hard because I work full-time. She was my inspiration in rescuing our Sammy from the local shelter, he was a stray and had a lot of health issues but he is doing really well now.

Give Scout and Jordie a big hug from me!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts