Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After we got home tonight, Jupiter vomited up some scrambled-egg looking stuff, even though he didn't eat or drink anything before he vomited. So (of course) I did some research and found out that he probably just vomited because he was hungry. In the course of my research, I found this article which made my cry from laughter because I am essentially a big child. Enjoy!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Jupiter

Was Jupiter eating grass or something else on the walk.
Not sure about vomit that looks like scrambled eggs.
I know that bile, which they vomit sometimes, is yellow liquid.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Loved the descriptions in the article. I think I have seen them all in my years of golden ownership. I am to the point of knowing by the sounds of what I can expect when I get up to clean up the mess. I may be hardened but dog vomit hardly makes me blink an eye anymore unless is see some other change in activity associated with it.

·
16,000 Posts
After we got home tonight, Jupiter vomited up some scrambled-egg looking stuff, even though he didn't eat or drink anything before he vomited. So (of course) I did some research and found out that he probably just vomited because he was hungry. In the course of my research, I found this article which made my cry from laughter because I am essentially a big child. Enjoy!

HAHAHA I have always loved that article. Cracks me up.

And I'd say that Jupiter was presenting you with the gift of bile.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
So funny and so true that informative artical there.

Lucky had a problem vomiting when his tummy was empty too long. It no longer became a problem after he passed his year mark.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
My Maggie was a yellow urka-gurka puker. And yes, it does awaken you for a sound sleep. My Bissel "Little Green Machine" was my best friend.

Oakleys Dad, I became pretty hardened over the years as well. I don't blink either. :gotme: My neighbor's husband came downstairs one morning to a pile of dog puke, she hilariously described in detail her husband's gagging reaction as he cleaned it up.

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I learned from my research that he probably vomited bile, and it was probably because he was hungry (we fed him an hour early this morning and an hour late this evening). After the yellow urka-gurkas, he ate dinner & drank water, went out to play & is doing fine now, so I'm a happy DogMom. :)

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
Loved the descriptive article! I'm still laughing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts