Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very tired right now.

1. Last Sunday I worked Buffy at a tower shoot at Peconic River Sportsman's Club. This is the Old Donahue-Woolworth estate. Very interesting place.
2. Pheasant hunted Buffy for three of us on Thursday.
3. Pheasant hunted Buffy for four of us yesterday.

Gave her a break today and used someone else's dog. But she is really full of energy.

PS I fell into a woodchuck hole and my foot got wedged into a tunnel. I needed to be helped out of it. Glad I don't hunt alone.

PSS Apparently I am dating myself. When I told several people about the Woolworth estate, they told me they never heard of Frank W Woolworth.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
I know nothing about Frank W Woolworth, but your post reminded of when I used to go to Woolworth's as a kid to look at the hamsters.

·
Super Moderator
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know nothing about Frank W Woolworth, but your post reminded of when I used to go to Woolworth's as a kid to look at the hamsters.
Frank W Woolworth became a millionaire, built the Woolworth Building in NYC which was the tallest building in the world at the time. He started the concept of the "Five and Dime" or five and ten cents store. His estate in Riverhead is a very interesting place. I recently taught a Waterfowl ID class in what is called The Elephant Room. It has a huge elephant head mount in the room as well as other mounts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts