Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the Only Natural Pet Store. We get our treats shipped on a regular basis from them. Anyway, I was searching on there last week and saw these:

http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/Sams-Yams-Sweet-Potato-Dog-Chewz/215000.aspx

and ordered them. We got them yesterday and the dogs LOVED THEM. They are dried out sweet potatoes. They seem like they would do a good job of cleaning teeth.

Just thought, if you were looking for more digestible chewies for your buds... you should try these.

:D

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
my dogs always loved them, too, but then some time ago I got 2 batches (I ordered and sold them for the pet hotel) that my dogs plus a couple others refused to eat, which was weird. So I stopped getting them, and started making my own dehydrated sweet potatoes. Which was quite an adventure, and I haven't done it for a while! I probably should go back to ordering them, just haven't thought about it lately.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
oh, one more comment, I believe that "Sam's Yams" are the only ones made in the US so if you find cheaper ones (like on Dr. Foster's and Smith, etc) be sure to find out where they are made. The ones from Drs. F and S are from China.

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh really? Is China not a good place to get stuff? I usually do check, but thanks for the heads up. LOL, Sam's Yams seemed too good to be true, but it seems they really are good! :D

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Yeah after all the dog food & treat recalls from China, I check everything from toys to rawhides to make sure they are made in the USA.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Same here. We never buy products that weren't made in the US. We just stick to marrow/soup bones from the butcher. :)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
and you have to be careful, they are getting very sneaky about the wording on the labels. I've seen "made in American owned, American supervised facilities" on labels. Then in very, very tiny print, elsewhere it says "made in China" or "product of China".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts