Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has any recent information about Valleygold Kennels? I’ve searched them on this forum and a lot of the information was from years ago but they were always highly recommended. Thank you!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have heard of them but do not have any personal experience but in looking at the website quickly all seems to be in line for a breeder I would consider. If you have the registration numbers of the Sire/Dam we can look them up for you. The website is quite antiquated with no real info on each dog but they do show a lot of pictures of showing so that to me is always a great sign.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have heard of them but do not have any personal experience but in looking at the website quickly all seems to be in line for a breeder I would consider. If you have the registration numbers of the Sire/Dam we can look them up for you. The website is quite antiquated with no real info on each dog but they do show a lot of pictures of showing so that to me is always a great sign.
thank you! I haven’t asked who the sire is yet. I will make sure I do that once I know that the breeding took. This is the dam’s registration number.

AKC SS14965501

·
Registered
522 Posts
SS14965501
Looks like all the proper heath testing has been done as well as the pedigree looks fine. If you look back on the Sires side they go back to Kinderval and Hillock, the Dam side goes back to Summit and Tengleloft.. all well respected long time breeders.. Looking back at the pedigree there are some Champions in there for sure. I see no issues on the Dam side, if you find out who will be Siring the litter let us know..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like all the proper heath testing has been done as well as the pedigree looks fine. If you look back on the Sires side they go back to Kinderval and Hillock, the Dam side goes back to Summit and Tengleloft.. all well respected long time breeders.. Looking back at the pedigree there are some Champions in there for sure. I see no issues on the Dam side, if you find out who will be Siring the litter let us know..
That’s great news! Thank you so much! This will be the first time that I’m getting a dog from a breeder so I’ve tried to not bug her and ask her too many questions. Is it appropriate to ask her who the sire is once I know the breeding took and that we are on the list? As well as price and how she would want the payment?

·
Registered
522 Posts
That’s great news! Thank you so much! This will be the first time that I’m getting a dog from a breeder so I’ve tried to not bug her and ask her too many questions. Is it appropriate to ask her who the sire is once I know the breeding took and that we are on the list? As well as price and how she would want the payment?
Nothing wrong with asking her if she has a Sire picked out yet. At times she might have a few in mind and just working on the logistics on how far away they might be, are they actively out showing, ect. Every breeder will have different protocol on how they handle deposits/costs but most of the time it will not be until the puppies are born and they know how many they will have. I would certainly ask what she is charging for her puppies. Average is still in the 3-4k for good pedigrees.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing wrong with asking her if she has a Sire picked out yet. At times she might have a few in mind and just working on the logistics on how far away they might be, are they actively out showing, ect. Every breeder will have different protocol on how they handle deposits/costs but most of the time it will not be until the puppies are born and they know how many they will have. I would certainly ask what she is charging for her puppies. Average is still in the 3-4k for good pedigrees.
Thank you! I just emailed her asking about the sire. That price range is kind of what I excepted maybe more so closer to the $3,000. I’ll be sure to ask her about that too. I just didn’t want to over step asking about price.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thank you! I just emailed her asking about the sire. That price range is kind of what I excepted maybe more so closer to the $3,000. I’ll be sure to ask her about that too. I just didn’t want to over step asking about price.
pricing is a tough call. I was speaking to a well respected breeder a few weeks ago acquiring about an available puppy for a co worker and I was figuring 3-3500 which is pretty typical and they wanted $4600.. Was a bit over his budget.. Me personally I look at the whole pedigree and see what as been done and titled. If a litter comes from a very solid line of champion and/or performance titles I think that should add a little bit to the price, if the line is spotty and only has a few Champions in the line the price should be adjusted accordingly. One thing is that is a pre requisite is that the Sire/Dam be all properly health tested first along with at least 3-5 generations all with proper clearances done. That there is what separates the Good breeders vs ones just in it for the money and producing puppies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pricing is a tough call. I was speaking to a well respected breeder a few weeks ago acquiring about an available puppy for a co worker and I was figuring 3-3500 which is pretty typical and they wanted $4600.. Was a bit over his budget.. Me personally I look at the whole pedigree and see what as been done and titled. If a litter comes from a very solid line of champion and/or performance titles I think that should add a little bit to the price, if the line is spotty and only has a few Champions in the line the price should be adjusted accordingly. One thing is that is a pre requisite is that the Sire/Dam be all properly health tested first along with at least 3-5 generations all with proper clearances done. That there is what separates the Good breeders vs ones just in it for the money and producing puppies.
It really is. And I don’t want her to think it’s just about price because it definitely isn’t which is why I haven’t mentioned it yet but it is a little part of choosing a breeder. I’m probably just really overthinking all of this but she seems to be such a good breeder and fit for us that I don’t want to screw it up.

·
Registered
522 Posts
It really is. And I don’t want her to think it’s just about price because it definitely isn’t which is why I haven’t mentioned it yet but it is a little part of choosing a breeder. I’m probably just really overthinking all of this but she seems to be such a good breeder and fit for us that I don’t want to screw it up.
I know how you feel for sure, you want to know but at the same time you don't want to sound cheap by asking how much they are. And then you don't want to waste a lot of the breeders time only to find out they want too much money.. It is a vicious circle.. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts