Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

We keep our golden pretty clean [baths, she stays inside]However, the vacuum cleaner really seems to smell and when we vacuum, the whole place smells.

I've read on line a few diff solutions, but wanted to seek solutions from GR owns to determine if you have something that really works. We have 3-4 diff vacuum cleaners and the one upstairs does not smell when used, which makes sense since bc the dog stays mainly downstairs.

So, looking for any options at making the vacuum cleaner not stink when we use it.

Thank you,
tstex

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello to all,

We keep our golden pretty clean [baths, she stays inside]However, the vacuum cleaner really seems to smell and when we vacuum, the whole place smells.

I've read on line a few diff solutions, but wanted to seek solutions from GR owns to determine if you have something that really works. We have 3-4 diff vacuum cleaners and the one upstairs does not smell when used, which makes sense since bc the dog stays mainly downstairs.

So, looking for any options at making the vacuum cleaner not stink when we use it.

Thank you,
tstex
I put a coupe of tablespoons of baking soda in the cannister for my vacuum cleaner every week or so and that works well for me.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I suck up about 5 or 6 whole cloves whenever I empty the bag.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,902 Posts
If you have a vacuum that has the canister you empty out, you could put a dryer sheet in the canister. Do you have a filter you can take off and wash after each use?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you all for your responses and suggestions. I will give these a whirl and post back the results - regards, tstex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts