Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, every time I have more than a weekend off, I end up sick. Been off since Wednesday, went to the doctor today. I have bronchitis. Good thing I went, because my doctor said it would be pneumonia inside of a week without antibiotic. I had to back out of Tucker's therapy visit today. :(

Does this happen to anyone else? To top it off, I need to work frm 6 pm to 2:30 am a couple of days next week. Ugh...

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Yep, really common here, but not just days off, big holidays when no doc is open. And serious things like a brain tumor on Good Friday. And my appliances only break down then, too. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,623 Posts
So sorry to hear you're sick, seems like the only time I was able to get a day off was when I was sick.The too many years I worked in Retail Management I had to go in when I was sick, if I didn't show up, I was threatened of being fired.

Take care of yourself, hope you're feeling better soon.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Ok, every time I have more than a weekend off, I end up sick. Been off since Wednesday, went to the doctor today. I have bronchitis. Good thing I went, because my doctor said it would be pneumonia inside of a week without antibiotic. I had to back out of Tucker's therapy visit today. :(

Does this happen to anyone else? To top it off, I need to work frm 6 pm to 2:30 am a couple of days next week. Ugh...
Are you taking your omega 3s? Seriously, those little omega fatty acids are fabulous for building up immunity, plus keeping our joints well-lubricated and our skin and coat shiny...well, I'm not so sure about the last one, but they do promote immunity levels and do lubricate the joints. I used to go to this fabulous internist who was Harvard/Hopkins trained and he swore by omega 3s. He told me he used them successfully for his daughters ADHD too. He went on to become a professor at UCLA Med school--I sure miss him!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you take for your Omega 3's? I am usually not big on supplements, but everything seems to turn into bronchitis for me, nowadays. And I never have smoked.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
What do you take for your Omega 3's? I am usually not big on supplements, but everything seems to turn into bronchitis for me, nowadays. And I never have smoked.
I take Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omegas--two big ones a day and then I pop a Kirkland brand when I give Toby his evening dose Costco - Kirkland Signature

I've been very lucky on the viral infection front since starting this regimen in 2008. I did have some knee pain and it went away as well. My orthopedic surgeon said the added omegas definitely would benefit!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Part of the problem is that during times of stress our immune system tends to go haywire. Since the holidays can cause stress levels to soar, illness results more often during the holiday season. If you can find ways to reduce your stress at this time of the year (right!?) then you probably will reduce your tendancy to become ill.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Me too. I never miss work due to illness. I planned to take Tues-Fri off this week (using a combo of holidays and annual leave). Monday I worked, but could tell I was getting sick. I woke up with big cold sores on my lip Tues. Have been fighting catching a cold ever since. I will recover completely, I know, by Monday when I go back to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts