Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amber started peeing on the floor after no accidents. Took in a urine sample and the vet said....UTI, few leukocytes, a little blood and struvite crystals. The vet said that it is unusual for a puppy this yound to have struvite crystals. My papillon also had struvite crystals and we treated with the Urinary SO (?) canned food. After switching to distilled water, my papillon has had no problems. Amber gets well water which is triple-filtered. She also has elk antlers to chew. Do you think that the antlers could be causing the problem (i.e. calcium, phosphorus from the bone)>

Thanks so much :wavey:

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
bumping up

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update to Puppy UTI

Hi :wavey:, UPDATE for Amber's UTI issues.

Last Friday, brought a urine sample to the vet after 10 days on Clavamox for UTI (no bacteria, few leukocytes, little blood, struvite crystals). UA says the same as before. Took Amber in for a sterile urine sample to send out to lab for UA and Culture and Sensitivity (C&S) on Monday ($238.00). Results back on Thursday afternoon, NO bacteria, No blood, No crystals. Very excited that she is well, buy a little confused as to why my clean catch UA sample had blood, crystals and leukocytes only 3 days prior. Will talk with vet on Tuesday as he is out to welcome newest grandchild. :wavey:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts