Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay question. If Max had a UTI, what would his symptoms be? We went to my grandparents from Thursday until tonight, Saturday. He would not pee at all in their yard until 415 AM. Next day, he's not going again! So I take him for a walk around 330 or 4 and soon after we leave their yard he goes for like a minute. We continue our walk and he goes #2. He does not go again until I take him out of their yard. Then he goes a lot. I brought him home not too long ago and had him out - but he had gone right before we left as soon as we left their yard (how does he know the property lines I don't know) and he had no water - he didn't pee at home but he ran out and took a long #2 and looked quite content when he came back.

So I'm wondering, is he just being weird about where he's going? When he was peeing, the pee wasn't too strong except the 430 AM one. Otherwise, he doesn't seem in pain when he goes.

Last thing I noticed is that he has this green stuff dried near his peepee. I remember reading a post asking about this green stuff that he noticed coming out of his dogs peepee and he found out it was a coming of age thing.

So if Max did have an UTI, what would his symptoms be? It's Sat night and if he's still acting wierd on Sunday I will make an appointment on Monday.

Thanks for your help!!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Pretty unusual for a male to have a UTI, however if he had a UTI you would notice an increase in his frequency of urination ...he might 'dribble'...the urine can be tinged with blood. Its often painful...so you might see panting or pacing before urinating...

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
boys dont have peepees they have he-hoos ;-)

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Whenever we take Mojo anywhere he refuses to pee unless we REALLY coax him. "Go potty, Moj... go on... go potty..."

Maxie on the other hand doesn't care where she piddles or poos. When we went to visit my in-laws with the dogs for the first time, the FIRST THING she did after getting out of the car was poo in their front lawn. LOL. Thankfully they have 6 dogs and don't mind a bit of extra doggy doo.

We call Mojo's his tiddlywink and Maxie has a foofoo. LMAO. We're freaks... I wonder what the neighbors think when we take the dogs to go "doodoo"...

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Just a thought but is it possible that your grandparents use fertilizer or something on their lawn? If he didn't want to go in their yard because he smelled something he didn't like, it could explain how he seemed to know he was off their property.

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
No, you guys! A boys is a yeeha and a girls is a ungha. lololol (I have no idea what I just said)

Duke has had a lot of UTIs and it is - no kidding here - nonstop peeing and it's not a stream, but a dribble forever in the same spot. Done and he moves to a spot close and same thing. For about 9 - 12 times.

I think your boy Max is just being picky about where he pees.

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow!! Thanks for all your experience and advice!! He did not have an accident and he went pee pee right away this am so I'm thinking his he-hoo/tiddlywink/yeeha is okay!! My grandparents don't use anything in their yard. Maybe Max is psychic? Thanks again for your help!!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
good news...glad the plumbing is working just fine!

·
the party's crashing us
4,307 Posts
This thread made me laugh. You guys, a girl has a hoo-ha and boys have WEINERS!
LOL
I can't believe I just typed that.
Anyways, Fisher has had two bladder infections and his came on as acute listlessness and not wanting to eat. He just plain old felt like crap. There was a little clotted blood in the urine but that was after we came home from the vet, I never noticed it before. He felt better almost instantly after getting antibiotics (not sure why, but he did).
I think Max was just being picky!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Are UTIs in dogs really that common? In my whole life, none of my dogs, 3 males, 3 females, have ever had one.

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Willow has had a few in her life. She doesn't go more or dribble or act like she's in pain, I am lucky to notice that pee isn't the right color. The last one she had was so bad she was on meds for a month and a half.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts