Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Abbie and Saffy's Daddy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted elsewhere and my posting needed some text, then a photo, then some more text and then another photo. I ended up with a convoluted method that went something like this:

Post the first line of text
Load the pics (both of them)
Re-post
Re-edit
Add the next bit of text
Finally, drag the 2nd pic from the 'attached thumbnails'

In the end, there were 2 copies of both pictures (1 of each in the post proper, as intended, and another of each as 'attached thumbnails'). By all means go and check out the original post to see for yourself.

If you just need a post to look like this:

Text 1
Photo 1
Text 2
Photo 2

then what is the simplest way to do it?

Hope to hear from someone soon.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
To do that you have to have the pictures uploaded to a photo site like photobucket. Then you use the "Insert Image" Icon to enter the url of the image (which you copy and paste from photobucket. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I can't wait for the answer to this one... Also, I don't seem to be able to quote from two different people and comment on both in one post. Someone please help...

There is a button right next to the quote button (with a plus sign on it) click that on all the posts you want to quote, then hit the post reply button and it will do a multi-quote.

·
Abbie and Saffy's Daddy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well that's quite conclusive. I would suggest using the method Oaklys Dad described. Just use the Insert Image icon (looks like 2 mountains and sun) and insert the so-called Direct Link from Photobucket.

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
The only downside to using Photobucket, or any other photo site, and the embeded links is if you should accidentally remove the folder, or delete it on purpose, or close our account, all of your posts will lose their pictures and they will be replaced with a "X" where the picture used to be. Something to keep in mind :)

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
The only downside to using Photobucket, or any other photo site, and the embeded links is if you should accidentally remove the folder, or delete it on purpose, or close our account, all of your posts will lose their pictures and they will be replaced with a "X" where the picture used to be. Something to keep in mind :)

This is true. I just try to make sure I have all my pictures organized in the folder I want them (I have a separate Sam & Dillon folder) before I link them anywhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts