Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was going to do the two cats and Brooks with Frontline Plus, I decided to do the house and garage with Spectracide first. Even though it had no odor, within about 10 minutes my husband and I started coughing really badly:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:
So I put all the animals out in the garage (that hadn't been sprayed yet) and opened all the windows and turned the fan on in the house.
I wish I didn't have to use these poisons:yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to WalMart, hoping to find something that had an IGR as well as an adulticide for fleas (years ago I had a spray like that) but couldn't find anything with the IGR. "Spectracide Bug Stop" was just an indoor/outdoor spray (that killed fleas and lots of other nuisance bugs) but the chemical name was one I hadn't ever heard of before: Lambda Cyhalothrin

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what's weird. There was no odor at all. Then both of us just started coughing so it was clear it was the Spectracide that made us cough. Once I turned on the attic fan, and got the fumes aired out, we stopped coughing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.