Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was going to do the two cats and Brooks with Frontline Plus, I decided to do the house and garage with Spectracide first. Even though it had no odor, within about 10 minutes my husband and I started coughing really badly:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:
So I put all the animals out in the garage (that hadn't been sprayed yet) and opened all the windows and turned the fan on in the house.
I wish I didn't have to use these poisons:yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to WalMart, hoping to find something that had an IGR as well as an adulticide for fleas (years ago I had a spray like that) but couldn't find anything with the IGR. "Spectracide Bug Stop" was just an indoor/outdoor spray (that killed fleas and lots of other nuisance bugs) but the chemical name was one I hadn't ever heard of before: Lambda Cyhalothrin

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is some stinky stuff. Next time you might try the Bayer brand it doesnt have much of an oder. That is what I have used.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what's weird. There was no odor at all. Then both of us just started coughing so it was clear it was the Spectracide that made us cough. Once I turned on the attic fan, and got the fumes aired out, we stopped coughing.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Remember that the dogs will be on the floors and close to where those chemicals have been. I'd really look into less toxic products. All we've used for several years is the diatomaceous earth and we've had good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts