Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,628 Posts
Wow. That's amazing! What are they doing with the money...?
I found this bit of info on Charity Navigator.com-

HSUS
Posted by nini | February 7, 2011 7:32:56 AM

Don't let them dupe you into giving money with their sad puppy-dog face ads. They put a lot more money into executive pensions than actually helping animals.

Spread the word...their time is coming!
Posted by Mariah | January 31, 2011 10:04:19 AM

The Humane Society of the United States is not affiliated with any local humane societies in the U.S. However, they are experts in soliciting donations from animal lovers who assume they are helping animals in need.
Nothing can be further from the truth. HSUS spends tens of millions yearly supporting a staff of more than 700, plus lobbyists in all 50 states. Yet, HSUS shared less than 1 percent of its money with hands-on pet shelters.
HumaneWatch AT THE CAPITOL: A travesty of the highest order - Freeport, IL - The Journal-Standard

Thanks so much for posting this, I have NEVER been or EVER will be a fan or supporter of the HSUS.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Reactions: Dallas Gold

·
Registered
277 Posts
i believe that goes for any donation to a major foundation.. if someone comes asking you for a donation, first ask them how much their CEO makes. the CEO of most of them makes a certain percentage of the donations made each year..

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Their major function is to push for an animal rights agenda - and that includes everything from eliminating farm animals to eliminating family pets.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
My grandmother donates or at least used to donate to HSUS... unfortunately her mind isn't totally there so trying to tell her that HSUS is a bad place to donate to would be a circular conversation. I just keep my mouth shut but I do tell others that it's not a good organization.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Darn! I tried to save the front page of your paper Sharlin, in order to spread the word on my Facebook, but it's not doing it. All that I get is a "save link and some numbers" as the picture. I find that quick posts like that tends to send the message more than a link :(

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Darn! I tried to save the front page of your paper Sharlin, in order to spread the word on my Facebook, but it's not doing it. All that I get is a "save link and some numbers" as the picture. I find that quick posts like that tends to send the message more than a link :(
If you right-click can you save the image on your computer?
I was able to and have posted on FB...

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I tried again and it still won't copy it. I tried save as and copy image and all i get is a "display file php" when I click it within my pictures area rather than a picture :(

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
I USE TO BE A DUMMIE AND DONATED TO THEM THINKINGS, AS MANY DO, THAT THE MONEY WAS SPREAD AROUND TO LOCAL HUMANE SHELTERS. i STILL GET THINGS FROM THEM ASKING FOR DONATIONS--BUT THEY ARE JUST TORN UP AND TOSSED.

i DO DONATE TO THE aspca AND TO SOME GOLDEN RESCUES AND THE LITTLE LOCAL RESCUE. BUT HSUS WILL NEVER, EVER GET ANOTHER RED CENT FROM ME. IN FACT, I TOSSED THE KEYRING AND THE UMBERELL A THEY SENT ME IN THE PAST.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/HumaneForPets There is the facebook page for the group that have the ad. Maybe you can just connect from there. www.humaneforpets.org
Now that's funny! I just came back to say that I did just what you just posted here. While I was gone, you had the solution :D . I joined the group and copied their image. Not all my "friends" will follow the link to the page, but they can't help but see the Ad on the newsfeed.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Its about time the truth came out. I have known for a long time that they are nothing more than lobbyists. Helping to pass laws that are meant for puppy mills but in fact hurt honest kennel owners. Just my opinion

1 - 18 of 18 Posts