Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, we just got our little golden a week ago and she is now 9 weeks old. she is fairly housebroken and very good at going outside when she needs to go. However, we've noticed she has been getting these urine stains between her legs and on the back of her butt. Does anyone have any tips on getting them out? It's pretty unsightly and regular puppy shampoo isn't doing the trick.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don't have any advice for cleaning other than warm water with a cotton ball. But she could have puppy vaginitis or an infection you might want to look into. Is she due for a vet check soon? You can always ask the vet's opinion.
Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum and congratulations on the puppy! I think you need to post some pics in this thread.

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
My breeder told me to clean my pup with 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water. Just mix together in a spray bottle and wipe with cotton pads. When you've cleaned her, use a little water to get the vinegarsmell from her fur.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pictures of bailey

Thanks! I'll try that vinegar thing. I tried plain warm water and a cotton ball but that didn't do much, except teach her that cotton balls are fun to steal from mommy.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'm wondering if you have town or well water for your puppy? If you have a lot of minerals in your water, it mght leave a staining color. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My breeder told me to clean my pup with 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water. Just mix together in a spray bottle and wipe with cotton pads. When you've cleaned her, use a little water to get the vinegarsmell from her fur.
Hi there - not sure if you are on this forum anymore but my English Cream golden retriever has had these urine stains since she was little. I cannot figure out why and not sure what to do about it. Did you ever get any answers? thanks for any help or advice.

Peg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts