Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I noticed tonight that my 10 week old female attempted to go pee three times outside in the span of 1 minute. I checked the area's and in all honesty cannot tell if she even went. I checked her abdominal area for tenderness and she doesn't seem in any form of pain. Is it still possible she has a UTI or could this be another issue? She's not drinking any more than usual, (however, she should be because she ate a bunch of tostitos chips) and they are full of salt.

Any idea's before I take her in to the vet?

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
The most common signs of a UTI are frequency of urination (going lots) and sometimes blood in the urine.

Also, I wouldn't give her any chips, especially at that age. Too much salt can actually cause pancreatitis in dogs, which is extremely painful and her digestive system is just a baby and is extremely sensitive right now.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I would take her to the vet to have a urine sample taken. If she is going alot but nothing happening it sounds like a UTI. They can be painful so the sooner you can nip it in the bud the better. And no tostitos.

·
Banned
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tostitos were an accident. Either she counter surfed or the cat was in collusion. Most likely the latter.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Yep those kitties like to get the dogs in trouble. I think they live to do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts