Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my golden Harlow is 9 months and went into her first heat 2 weeks ago. Last week she started to urinate more (a few times per walk instead of just once or twice.) Yesterday morning she had a normal walk, however yesterday afternoon when I got home from work, she had urinated inside on the floor (never has accidents in the house.) and also vomited up her breakfast. Then the rest of the afternoon/night and now this morning she is squatting constantly. No exaggeration, 20-30 squats on a 10 minute walk, it seems abnormally excessive. The vet indicated she thinks its just her heat cycle and her body going through the change but it also could be a UTI, just hard to tell. My question is has anybody else had this issue of excessive, basically nonstop squatting when your golden is going through heat? Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I had an intact female for many years and she never had this issue. It does not sound normal. I would be inclined to get a second opinion. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
I've never seen that frequent amount of urination in my intact girl. I'd be inclined to think she's got a UTI going on too. I'd take her into the vet for a urine sample.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts