Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a heads up guys.
we were just checking our credit card statements online as we use paperless banking.

we noticed two identical transactions in the same day to a catologue shopping company in liverpool. both were for £406.00 = £812.00

we definitely never made these.

contacted the card company and they have been suspended pending investigation.
the card has never ever been out of my wifes possession.

i am thinking that maybe my p.c. was compromised in some way. or we were phished.

we are now never going to use the card online again. only in person or over a landline.

so folks please check your statements very carefully and report any unknown transactions immediately.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
I check mine all the time. I recently forgot I did someone a favor and paid a bill for them and they did pay me back. By the time the bill came I remembered helping them out, the poor person would have had their account suspended, but I was able to call back in time!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Thanks for the heads up and hope you get everything straightened out. That is my biggest fear with using the card online.

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
online transactions aren't necessarily more risky than ones in person. when they stole my mom's credit card it was at a restaurant, she's never used it online.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
My mom had hers stolen at a restaurant also. Stores are a little safer because they scan it right in front of you. But at restaurants they take your card and walk away, they have plenty of time to write down the number and also the security code.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we have only ever used it about 3 times in total all online.
we use it for "emergencies" only really as a fallback.
so how they got the details is beyond me.

·
Registered
376 Posts
We recently got a letter from our credit union that a store where we've shopped uses a processing center that had a security breach and thousands of credit card numbers were stolen. They process thousands of stores, and it was the center's fault, not the store. Our credit union immediately and automatically issued us new cards to fend off fraud. If they had not notified us we would have never known about the breach, and thankfully, there was no unauthorized usage of our cards. Sometimes I just want to go back to using just cash because using a credit card seems to get more risky!

·
Park, Cam and Ty Rule!
1,038 Posts
We recently had an issue too. We got a call from our credit card companying stating that someone had purchased about $300 bucks worth of clothes online at Aeropostale and also bought a dirt devil. It was on a card that we've haven't used in months.

I kept saying that whoever bought that dirt devil better be on their way over to clean my house!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts