Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wall Photos
Urgent!! FCAC Rome GA~Gorgeous Golden x Pup Must Receive a Rescue Offer by 4 PM ...Tues 1/17 or will be PTS Wed 1/18 AT 8 AM !!! Pet ID 0112 Listed as Golden Retriever/Newfoundland Mix Pup Female Puppy http://www.adoptapet.com/pet6697308.html Available for adoption on 1/17/12 and Available to rescues on 1/18/12
** IF YOU ARE ON THE APPROVED LIST AT THE SHELTER, PLEASE CONTACT: Jason at [email protected] (@floydcountyga.org) TELEPHONE NUMBER: 706-236-4545 ...FAX NUMBER : 706-233- 0032
**You CAN Rescue Animals from FCAC if You Are Not on the Approved list of Rescues or If You Are Out of State! But You MUST have a Rescue on the Approved List Pull for You! Staff at the Shelter Cannot give you a Referral to a Rescue to Pull for You--BUT THE VOLUNTEERS CAN ANG WILL! There are Volunteers who Can Pick up Dogs/Pups from the Shelter for You and Take them to Local Boarding!!!
Please Contact ALL Parties below, so No one Misses an Offer:
[email protected] (@hope4dogs.net) and [email protected] (@hotmail.com) ,[email protected] and Ronda (704) 545-7079

**IMORTANT>> YOU MUST PUT "RESCUE OFFER & PET ID #" IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL OR WE WILL MISS THE OFFER OF RESCUE /ADOPTION AND THEY WILL BE KILLED! -PLEASE DO THIS CORRECTLY, AS THEIR LIVES DEPEND ON IT!!
**Please Do not Wait to Make Your Offer until the Last Minute--the Last Minute May Be Too Late! Paperwork Must be in Order and At the Shelter by 4PM Tues!! Volunteers Must have Time to Work with You --and Rescues that Pull for Others Require Reference Checks! Faxes and Emails are NEVER READ PAST 4PM ON TUESDAYS!
**Transport to Fl Available!!

Floyd County animal shelter, Rome GA
telephone number: 706-236-4545
fax number: 706-233-0032

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
She's too far away for me to get unless it is dire need (200 miles), but I can and would help with transport and/or money to a rescue.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Poor girl - keeping my fingers crossed for her.

·
Registered
291 Posts
OMG, this is heartbreaking, I know a member of this forum volunteers with AGA, I am gonna send her a PM and I will send an email to my Lady's foster mom, I got Lady from AGA so maybe they can do something!!!.

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
GRRA contacted

I emailed two addresses with the Golden Retriever Rescue of Atlanta. Their site says they serve the whole state of Georgia and that they do handle GR mixes.

More info about them is here: GRRA - Welcome to Golden Retriever Rescue of Atlanta.

Fingers crossed that they see the message and move in time.
:crossfing:crossfing:crossfing

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
Just checked w/ AGA--this county is covered by GRRA. I will follow up to make sure the information is forwarded. I also think we have a member on here in the WR area that is a volunteer for them; hopefully she will see this and know who to contact.

Just heard back that AGA has forwarded this information to Intake/GRRA.

Reactions: GoldensGirl

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Terry

Terry

Please make sure GRRA knows about this pup!

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
Done! Now all fingers and paws crossed . . .

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Looks like she's safe!

Response from the GRRA Intake Coordinator: Thanks for the lead. One of our volunteers is going up to the shelter tomorrow first thing and barring unforeseen traits, we'll being her into our program.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Happy, happy :). Nice job!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you

Thank you all for helping this beautiful pup. A friend in GA had contacted a family he knows and they were going to try to adopt her. Another rescue in Florida was also trying to help her. So good to know that our Golden community can come together so fast to help a pup in need. Many, many thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts